RV-7

This is one of those projects I quit working on when I find another plane I want to do. So it's been on hold for quite a while now. I can't honestly say when I'll start working on it again. Sorry about that. But since you ask which of the two sizes I've talked about are you interested in? The larger one or the small E-flite version.
i would love to have the e-flite one if that wont be too difficult

I started working on the RV-7 again this morning. I decided to make the E-Flite RV-7 1.1m since two people have requested that version. When I stopped working on it I had just shaped the wing tip, but hadn't filled it out yet. So I did that this morning.

Really like how you're doing this.

I should also endeavour to make control surfaces like this rather than just making a straight cut.

Are you using blender or 3ds max?
I use 3ds Max. You can get the indie version for 305.00 per year. The normal version is 235.00 per month. It's not cheap but it's the only thing I do at 76.

I think if you can justify it, it's worth it! I'll keep persisting with Blender lol. If and when I can turn out good models, I may look into 3DS Max hahaha.

I have to admit I am very grateful to KE for allowing us the option to do it all under Blender now. Hopefully it will encourage more dabblers like myself. For I'm really beginning to enjoy this side hobby of modelling virtual RC aircraft, though I have limited time owing to work etc.

I added the angle to the inside of the elevator so the hstab should be finished. I guess it's time to mirror the left wing and left hstab to create the right side. Then it will actually look like a plane. Looking at the small angle the elevator is at there isn't that much rudder travel.

RV-7 19.jpg

Back