Formal address to KE concerning the ratings

Just to be clear to all those who have posted there support here, We are still withholding files until KE takes action on this issue. This includes all file types.
Thank you for your continued support.
Copy...Not posting APs to Swaps.

Um, you posted both your intent not to post, and your AV on September 13th. You're either with us or against us. Get off the fence!!

As I have previously stated, I am all in. The av was posted before I was aware of the issue with the rating system. Since my first post here I have not posted anything to the swaps.. Deffinately not on any fences..

Still agreed. AND additionally, I will download nothing from the swap pages, nor PURCHASE any additional Knifedge products, to includes upgrades and new versions, until the issue is resolved with this army of volunteer modelers. I'm glad I got the Goblin before the stoppage...

Last edited:
Me three...

I was about to upgrade the crew (4 seats) to RF6, but until the lads have sorted the strike out I will NOT be purchasing ANY RF products..
I constantly recommend RF as the sim of choice to many people wanting to get into flying. (that will stop too)
REALFLIGHT... please don't disregard this issue & treat it as a trivial matter and take no action. The fact that there is the community of modellers willing to value add to your product for free, should be cause enough to listen to their concerns.
Adapt or be left behind in the market place by someone else who will..

Please resolve this soon so we don't have to purchase a competitors product.

I've already stated that we will review this and make changes after we're done working on our current project. That's the best I can do!

Jim

Speaking for my self and I THINK everyone else
No one here who has agreed to withhold swap page content ,in doing so ,
have never nor will ever
advocate not buying RF products .....I think it safe to say we'd like to see MORE people purchase RF
The "strike" is an attempt by content creators to change the ratings system...nothing more

speaking for my self and i think everyone else
no one here who has agreed to withhold swap page content ,in doing so ,
have never nor will ever
advocate not buying rf products
the "strike" is an attempt by content creators to change the ratings system...nothing more

+1..

Thanks Jim for updating us and letting us know that this is not going unnoticed.. please add my name to the many in support of doing away with the rating system. I believe any attempt to retain the rating system with a promise of tighter Moderation would be ineffective and too taxing of Knife Edge resources. I feel it would be best for all parties involved if it simply was done away with as unneeded. In todays 'Internet' society where a new term such as 'griefing' can become common vocabulary and in the news as reasons for suicides and violent crimes it seems nearly irresponsible to allow such a 'stage' or 'theater' for such childish behaviour to occur in. By all means allow users of the swap forums to post comments about posted files if they wish but to require a rating system of any kind opens a need for moderation/control that most Forum administrators simply do not have the time to manage.

I absolutely love this product 'Real Flight' and also deeply appreciate the time and efforts it takes the people that dedicate a huge hunk of their lives to learning and using 3D modeling software and the tools needed to create these detailed models and physics that go along with them. I honestly liked the ability to rate a particularly well deserved effort and would miss the rating system for that reason only.

Last edited:
have never nor will ever
advocate not buying RF products .....I think it safe to say we'd like to see MORE people purchase RF
The "strike" is an attempt by content creators to change the ratings system...nothing more

i agree thats going too far.

no need to pressure them in this way.

...and in the news as reasons for suicides and violent crimes it seems nearly irresponsible to allow such a 'stage' or 'theater' for such childish behaviour to occur in.
I think that's a bit of an overreaction. That said, there have been a few modelers leaving the forums because they're sick of the ratings system. Flexible is the latest to leave. I don't think anyone is jumping off any bridges over this.

But, thank you for your support. :)

Admittedly widely generalized, but I think you get my point even if that reference does not completely apply to this forum/venue

have never nor will ever

Agreed.

RF is an excellent product, and the enjoyment of it's use has nothing to do with this issue.

speaking for my self and i think everyone else
no one here who has agreed to withhold swap page content ,in doing so ,
have never nor will ever
advocate not buying rf products .....i think it safe to say we'd like to see more people purchase rf
the "strike" is an attempt by content creators to change the ratings system...nothing more

+2.....

+3

It is not an economic strike... please GP Customers don't stop buying RF6 and the Mega Packs. The KE developers are close to a mid-term (or more) release... all the regulars here recognize that and Mr. Jim Bourke is a man of his word. If he says it will happen, baring famine, flood and petulance, it will happen.

Interesting, I always thought is was pestilence. Petulance works though. Dictionary give definition of: Unreasonably irritable or ill-tempered; peevish.

Back