Formal address to KE concerning the ratings

I would like to let KE know that I have no plans or wishes to strike for any future reasons. This is just a big issue and I know this would be a nicer place if the negativity of the ratings were gone. I may not agree with things in the future but I will not continue to withhold models to get action. I know that KE may feel like they are negotiating with terrorists and that if they give into this demand they are putting themselves in a bad position in the future. That is not the case. I know of no other issue that is a nuisance to this small community like the ratings system.
I hope that someday KE will open some line of regular communication with the members here so that frustrations will never have to grow like this one has.

I agree.

While I also feel strongly about the issue of getting the same tools and limits that KE has for modeling, I don't feel a strike is necessary for that. For one thing, I believe it is clearly in their interest to level the playing field since the swap pages are a big part of what makes this Sim better than the competition.

Oh, also, I kind of dislike the word strike at all. While we are currently withholding new models because of the continued existence of the rating system, we are still working on new material.

I really don't want to make this more adversarial than need be. Both sides want Knifeedge to succeed. I love their product. I don't want to kill it or harm it.

There is no word for what is happening. What do they call it when the volunteers at a soup kitchen walk out? Do you have a word for it? It's just semantics. We just use "strike" for the lack of a better word.

In light of KE's changes to the Swap Pages I believe that the request we have all asked for is fulfilled. I will resume uploading in the next couple of days and I hope that everyone who posted here will do the same.
To opt out of ratings go to options in your user CP and check the box under "Disable Swap Pages Ratings"
This will not remove any number rating you may currently have on your uploaded files. Hopefully this will be rectified soon.

Thank you KE for hearing us and taking action. We are very grateful.:)

Wait, I think I see what you're talking about. It's still showing a score in the grid view when browsing. We'll take care of that.

If I go to my list of files any model that had a number rating over 15 votes shows a number even though the comments are gone and no further ratings can be placed.
Here's a screenshot.
Maybe I'm the only one who can see these.:confused:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 22
I assume the "Highest rated" tab is going to be overhauled, but ratings still show there as well.

hugh
How could a highest rated list
not show ratings ?..thats like a cook book with no recipes
It needs to be overhauled or gotten rid of

More swap pages changes are now live. For files with fewer than 15 votes or where the uploader has opted out of ratings, this should fix the problems with ratings showing up while browsing as well as in My Files and other search results (including the Highest Rated tab).

Back