Hangar 9 Pulse XT 60

technoid

One of our new members @gfdgdf was looking for a Hangar 9 Pulse XT 60, which isn't on the swap pages, so I decided to create one for him. It's very similar to the Super Sportster 96 I modeled so I rescaled it to 70 inches and will rework it to look like the Pulse XT 60. I had a four stroke on my Sportster and he has a two stroke on his Pulse XT 60 so the first thing I did was replace the engine. I've also reworked the wings to match the Pulse XT 60. That's the only things I've done so far. I'll be adding the intakes on the nose but I haven't yet.

Pulse XT 60 01.jpgPulse XT 60 02.jpg

I replaced the wing mounted gear with aluminum gear. But I have a question for @gfdgdf . The original gear in the kit is angled back instead of forward but when I researched the plane there was a lot of people complaining about the plane tipping over when landing so they reversed the gear. So then the gear would be angled forward like most planes. So the question is what should my model have? Angled backwards like the original kit or angled forward like people were doing to stop the plane from tipping when landing. What does your plane have (angled backward or angled forward)?

I still have several things to do, rework the canopy and fuselage a little to make the canopy look like the real plane and move the hstab down to match the real plane. So ignore that for now.

Pulse XT 60 11.jpg

Last edited:
I replaced the wing mounted gear with aluminum gear. But I have a question for @gfdgdf . The original gear in the kit is angled back instead of forward but when I researched the plane there was a lot of people complaining about the plane tipping over when landing so they reversed the gear. So then the gear would be angled forward like most planes. So the question is what should my model have? Angled backwards like the original kit or angled forward like people were doing to stop the plane from tipping when landing. What does your plane have (angled backward or angled forward)?

I still have several things to do, rework the canopy and fuselage a little to make the canopy look like the real plane and move the hstab down to match the real plane. So ignore that for now.

View attachment 138951
mine is angled back still

Thanks. I wanted to make sure the gear looked right to you. I have to design the plane from pictures I found because I couldn't find any plans for it or a 3-view. But most of the pictures are at angles so they're not that good to design the shape from.
if u want want i can show u the color and look of the plane

I did some work on the Pulse this morning. I mentioned I was going to make the hstab and vstab a little thicker, so I did that. Then I reworked the servo rods, linkage, and control horns for the stabs too. Next I think I'll tweak the canopy shape to match the Pulse, it's a little different than the Sportster I started with.

Back