Hangar 9 Pulse XT 60

I think I need to go back and reshape the airfoil. The Super Sportster had a symmetrical airfoil but the Pulse XT has a semi-symmetrical. I thought I could let it go but I don't think I can. So one more thing to do.

I created this project from a Super Sportster which has a symmetrical airfoil, but the Hangar 9 Pulse XT 60 has a semi-symmetrical airfoil, so I went back and changed the airfoil. The Pulse XT 60 also has some dihedral which I'll add after I do the mapping. To me the plane looks better with the semi-symmetrical airfoil.

Pulse XT 60 16.jpg

i really dont know
Thanks for letting me know. What I plan to do is add 3 degrees of dihedral and then look at my plane and the picture I posted here of it landing and then adjust it until they look the same. Lot's of times you can find a "straight" back picture which makes it easy since I can put that picture in Photoshop and measure the dihedral in the picture. But the angle shot I posted really doesn't work for that. But I'll get it as close as I can.

How does the latest pictures look to you?

I thought I was finished with the modeling but for a while now I've wanted to make a big change, so I decided to do that tonight. This plane was created from the Super Sportster 96 I modeled. The Pulse XT and the Super Sportster are similar but the Sportster has a very open engine bay and just didn't look right for the Pulse XT. So I decided to go back and fix that before I started mapping. But that was a pretty big job since the front of the fuselage needed to be rebuilt where it was all cut away for the Sportster. So I deleted all the parts of the engine bay and rebuilt the front of the fuselage and reshaped it, but to look like the Pulse XT this time.

After I finished rebuilding the fuselage I did a quick push around the parts to see what it looked like, so this picture is a temporary version just to see what the rebuilt fuselage looked like. To me the plane looks "much" better with the fuselage rebuilt. So now I need to go back and do the final placement of the parts to finish it.

Pulse XT 60 24.jpg

I started finalizing the reshaped fuselage this morning but there's quite a few little details that are different so it's going to take a while to finish it. For one thing the cowl intakes don't quite fit the reshaped fuselage so I'm going to have to rework them. But it's worth it because the plane looks so much better with the reshaped fuselage. But for now I've done enough and will take a break for a while.

@gfdgdf Got a question for you. With the new fuselage shape it would be easy to convert this to an electric version, so which version would you rather have. An electric or glow?

Back