Hangar 9 Pulse XT 60

It's time to add the dihedral but I've never see a value for it listed. So take a look at these pictures and let me know if this looks right to you. I compared the right wing on the real plane to the render.

View attachment 139263View attachment 139264
looking excellent again technoid nice build .
i put my inclinometer on the pictures and although the fist picture is angled and nose up it is close enough to your dihedral to pass :)

looking excellent again technoid nice build .
i put my inclinometer on the pictures and although the fist picture is angled and nose up it is close enough to your dihedral to pass :)
Thanks Doug I appreciate your comment. That was the best picture I found of the dihedral.

Both UT and I could see a slight difference in the intakes so I did an experiment with UT to see if mirroring the intakes again would make any difference. I deleted the intake on the left side of the picture (plane right) and then mirrored the intake on the right side of the picture (plane left) again to see if it made any difference. So @uncle twist let me know what you think.

The first picture is "before" and the second picture is "after". They have before and after in their names.

Pulse XT 60 60 (before).jpgPulse XT 60 61 (after).jpg

Last edited:
Both UT and I could see a slight difference in the intakes so I did an experiment with UT to see if mirroring the intakes again would make any difference. I deleted the intake on the left side of the picture (plane right) and then mirrored the intake on the left side of the picture (plane left) again to see if it made any difference. So @uncle twist let me know what you think.

The first picture is "before" and the second picture is "after". They have before and after in their names.

View attachment 139265View attachment 139266
I would have to say the after pic. DOES look better. It`s amazing what the eye can see. I read somewhere that the eye can discriminate the size of something down to some unimaginable measurement, unfortunately, I don`t recall that number, but it was somewhere in the low .001 th`s of an inch. For me, I see it as a blessing and a curse, A blessing because I cherish my good eyesight.....A curse, because seeing those ever so slight differences that most people would say 'That`s good enough",,,, I say "it can be better". Kind of drives me nuts sometimes ANNNNND I`m sure other people. Anyway, run with the "after" pic., and look into the inside wall...... (y) (y)

I would have to say the after pic. DOES look better. It`s amazing what the eye can see. I read somewhere that the eye can discriminate the size of something down to some unimaginable measurement, unfortunately, I don`t recall that number, but it was somewhere in the low .001 th`s of an inch. For me, I see it as a blessing and a curse, A blessing because I cherish my good eyesight.....A curse, because seeing those ever so slight differences that most people would say 'That`s good enough",,,, I say "it can be better". Kind of drives me nuts sometimes ANNNNND I`m sure other people. Anyway, run with the "after" pic., and look into the inside wall...... (y) (y)
Okay, thanks. I'll go with the after version. If I see a difference, it's "ever so slight". But none-the-less I'll go with the re-mirrored version. I'll tweak the inside wall and take the "point" out. It's that way because that area of the fuselage has a segment that's flat, and if you do much to round it off it gets a bit asymmetric looking. But I'll tweak it some to take the "point" out.

I went back and checked the pivot points there were several that got off during the modeling phase. But right now I need to work on the physics to setup the landing gear for the Pulse. I started with my Super Sportster physics which has the gear on the wings, but the Pulse has them on the fuselage. So I think I'll take some time and modify the gear in the physics for the Pulse. And then I think I'll continue creating the EP version and then after it's done go back and create the glow version. I prefer the EP version so I'd like to work on it.

But right now I need to take the wife to Dallas for a doctor appointment.

We just got back from Dallas, a long trip for us these days. Now it's time to rest for a bit. The tires are doing some strange stuff on the Pulse, so I hope modifying the landing gear physics fixes it. The springy gear is also the wrong type, so I hope everything works right when I modify the physics.

I used my Super Sportster physics as a starting point for this plane so I needed to move the landing gear from the wing to the fuselage. I just finished doing that and the gear looks normal now. Before when I would freeze it in the air and move the camera close to the gear it looked strange. But everything looks normal now.

When I posted a picture of the dihedral it was just a test and I didn't save that file so now I need to go back and add the dihedral and save it. I guess after that it'll be time to go back and adjust all the part weights for the Pulse XT 60. Right now they're what they were for the Super Sportster.

I've been thinking about what to do next and since I promised @gfdgdf I'd do the glow version for him I better go ahead and cutout the engine bay and remap the top of the fuselage and then do the physics for the glow version. As always at the end of a project I get burnt out, so I better do what I started to do first. And then "maybe" do the EP version.

I have a question for you guys. When I release this plane what should the name be.

1. Pulse XT 60
2. Hangar 9 Pulse XT 60?

Back