Recent content by amstel78

1. A

Gyro gain input configuration

Well, our opinions are certainly going to differ on the matter. When I first started flying RC helicopters, there was no HH mode gyros. Learning to fly and subsequently continuing to fly in rate mode can be as challenging or even more so than with HH mode. It's true, with HH mode the pilot...
  2. A

With the model I'm using (Raptor 30), the dual rate channel is unused. As I said before, it worked fine in G5.5. With regards to demand, I don't know why you're so hung up on this. This was an easily accesible feature in G5.5... not so anymore with version 6 and higher. I realize that the...
  3. A

I'm using the Raptor 30 from one of the add-on packs as that's what I fly in real life. I'll try mapping to channel 6 and see what happens. FWIW, I have my Aurora 9 configured as such that when I toggle a switch, it will change my gyro from rate to HH mode. I was trying to duplicate that...
  4. A

RealFlight on a Mac

I'm running G5.5 and now 6.5 on an intel Mac Pro using Bootcamp. It runs perfectly fine this way.
  5. A

I guess I'm just not seeing it. I've assigned the gyro gain to a switch. Channel 5 to be exact. That is not the problem. Maybe it's me being dense but doing the above only gets the gyro to operate in dampening mode and not true rate mode. When flying in dampening mode, the tail on a...
  6. A

I've tried setting up the model to no avail, plus I do recall reading that the programmers changed the gyro programming. In fact, some of the options for tuning a gyro that were available in prior releases are no longer present in version 6. I looked at the model you linked too and have...
  7. A

Thanks. It's unfortunate that the programmers have ignored rate mode in the gyro. There are still times when I prefer to fly in rate mode rather than HH. I hope that this is something they can bring back in a future update. As it stands now, I'm very glad that I didn't uninstall G5.5 ater...
  8. A

Well, I'm one step closer but the resulting effect is not what I intended. What I did was added a servo and assigned it to CH.5, then switched the gain input on the gyro to my new servo which I called HH Gyro Control. What happens now when I toggle the switch for CH.5 is that the heli will...
  9. A

Hello all. I recently upgraded to RF6 and am trying to configure a helicopter gyro for one of my custom models. My aim is to either assign gyro gain to CH.8 so that when idle up 1 or 2 is activated, the gyro goes from rate mode to heading hold. Or, the other option is to simply assign the...
Back