Recent content by circusfreak

1. C

Airplane hover - can't stop torque rolling...

I totally agree with you here. It does seem that all the changes to the physics engine to make helis fly better have negatively impacted the airplane behaviors. I am really enjoying the heli experience in RF6 so far, but comparing it to 4.5 for airplane 3D flying it feels decidedly less...
  2. C

Maybe it just needs to be renamed to Cap 232 2.5D
  3. C

I am assuming the airplane hover trainer feature was pretty much left alone, and then the new physics came in to play for the airplanes, without some regression testing taking place on this feature. Other than the torque issue, I noticed that when you are about to try hovering, it tells you to...
  4. C

Like someone had said previously, the fact that we have a Yak, and a Yak 3D in the sim, we would certainly expect the 3D version to be set up like a real 3D bird would be. Any plane labeled "3D" should easily be able to hover and harrier fairly well and be able to counteract torque roll with its...
  5. C

Wow, good to know I was not going crazy when I asked about this! Yes, I agree that in the previous RF it was a bit too easy to hover, but it is indeed impossible to do now in RF6 without tweaking the models I guess. In real life I am able to hold a hover with my 89" plane using about 1/2 throw...
  6. C

I don't have a real Yak, but I usually use that model on 4.5 to practice for my 50cc bird. Everything else about it still feels good, except that it does not want to stop the roll. I used to use about 1/4 to 1/2 aileron on 4.5 to keep it from rolling in a hover, and now it doesn't seem possible...
  7. C

I just got the upgrade today and have been playing around with the helis all night. My initial impression of the upgrade is very positive so far. I am a pretty new heli pilot, but it feels to me like the flybarless helis fly closer to my Trex 500 FBL than they did in 4.5. On the plane side...
Back