Recent content by DC_Spd

1. D

license setup issue

Alternatively... when I right click any icon I'll goto properties, open the compatibilty window, and tick off the 'run as admin' box in there, but, the 'security center' has to be turned 'on' before I can tick the box... then go back and turn off the security center, just cause I don't like...
  2. D

Controller life expectancy?

But the thread is about the RF Basic "GP" controller.. you've already said you have the G3 so that is neither relevant or helpful to this topic in any manner, wyp . This from KE service: The GP controllers have nothing in common with other RF controllers and often only last 2-3 years but are...
  3. D

Controller life expectancy?

I just sent an email to support as Im having similar issues, my controller is maybe closer to about 3yrs old but it really doesnt have alot of hours on it, a look inside the case explains why these gp controllers dont last, the pots are very small low cost units, Im not sure if there would be a...
  4. D

What do you fly?

I'm curious how people feel RF models their specific RC toys, I have 3 of the models included in RFB, the Helimax EZ, Helimax Novus CP and X-Cell Furion 450. The EZ and Furion 450 seem quite accuate, the EZ being exactly that ...Eas-ee, and Furion 450 requiring you to stay focused. However the...
  5. D

New here just sayin HI...

It took many years years, but I finally got the wife to come around, I just kept saying "it keeps me out of the bar dear";) ...and of course now with grandkids she's even easier to convince:D thx for all the welcoming guys, nice little forum here:)
  6. D

realflight controller USB CABLE PROBLEM

no guru here, just an old fart too cheap to replace anything I might be able to fix;) Being into RC for many years I have plenty of micro tools and a bit of experience with small electrical devices. I enjoy working on pretty much anything from 1/12 rc cars to my full size Bronco II, PC's...
  7. D

realflight controller USB CABLE PROBLEM

Quote: Originally Posted by rcplanefubar ROFLMAO!..... hate when they get that way Isn't there a surgical proceedure for that? Thats just too funny:D But actually ..there is... most usb ports that get unreliable are usually bent and/or dirty. The contacts can be cleaned with any metal...
  8. D

ya know its amazing, every aspect of rc I've been involved in, I always find peeps my age or more, and they are far more commited to the hobbie than the young lads. The young guys get bored easily and want to move on to every new toy on the market. Us old..er boys usually pick a field and...
  9. D

Hello all, I've been an rc nut for many yrs but have just gotten into copters about 2 years ago, starting with some basic rtf's and then built a Furion 450, I've had it airbourn but not near ready for any stunt flying as yet. Do most practice with an Axe CPv3 ....its cheaper to fix. I've had a...
Back