New here just sayin HI...

DC_Spd

Hello all, I've been an rc nut for many yrs but have just gotten into copters about 2 years ago, starting with some basic rtf's and then built a Furion 450, I've had it airbourn but not near ready for any stunt flying as yet. Do most practice with an Axe CPv3 ....its cheaper to fix. I've had a plane for many years, cars and boats longer yet. I bought RF basic about a yr ago as a learning tool, and I'm content with that, I've tried G4 at a friends but I don't feel I need it myself, its more video game orientated imo. Only disapointment with rf basic is that there doesn't appear to be a way to add other airfields.

So thats me, I'm canadian, over 50, and still luv my toys;)

Lance

Welcome to the Forums.

Well you have been at it alot longer than I. I just got my feet wet about 1 year ago. I was into U control and had my interest stired in RC back when I was 17 years old. One thing led to another and I got busy and it died.

My Brother had been into RC for years and when I retired he stirred my interest and Here I am.

I bought my first two toys; a 450 class Toronado heli and the A-10 both were RTF
I have flown the heli but like you not anywhere close to 3D. Enjoy flying the A-10 when I can't fly the heli though.

Now I have ventured into newb territory of modeling my first model. It is an on going task at the moment so we shall see.

I am 64+ and still enjoy my toys also.

Again Welcome.

Wes KY-US

Hi DC, welcome.

Over 50 here too. I just started flying rc a couple years ago. I learned to fly rc on G4. I have G5.5 now.

Real life I'm flying Parkzone electrics, T-28 (my trainer), T-28 suped up w/ retracts, and Corsair.

I like my toys. Guess I'm hooked. lol

ya know its amazing, every aspect of rc I've been involved in, I always find peeps my age or more, and they are far more commited to the hobbie than the young lads. The young guys get bored easily and want to move on to every new toy on the market. Us old..er boys usually pick a field and seriously attempt to master it ...at all costs.

In my 30's I was so focused on RC cars I owned and operated an indoor racetrack for 1/12 scale, and then moved into 1/8 scale gas dragsters, still have one today, completely hand built(I'm a metal fabricator by trade) that does approx 90-100 MPH, and gets to that speed in about 60 feet.

The copters are where I'm at now though, the Furion 450 is my 4th, but 1st build, and it was a very nice build, not for rtf guy though, you have to really enjoy building something to take this thing on. I'd estimate 30-35 hours, not counting time spent shopping for just the right accessories. I'm always building something, if I stop ...it's time to dig a hole.

I'm also involved in PC racing, latest being a sim called rFactor, myself and a bud from Italy built a mod for the game called SNRC(saturday night racing challenge)

Winter is nearby so I'll be focused on the indoor toys for awhile, hopefully get alot of hours in with RF, its cool that is actually has the Furion 450, and it seeems quite realistic, maybe next summer I'll be ready to try some 3d flying ...and possibly I'm sure ordering some repair parts:D

Welcome DC_Spd
I am 40 myself. Youngster ;)
got into heli's when I was 19, and Found out how hard they are to fly (With no gyro or TX mixing) and was forced to give up without any trainer Real or PC based that I could afford at the time. Got back into RC with the help of RF G2 and have never looked back ;)

Though, I am still restricted with what I am Allowed to Own and Operate (WIFE) I still find myself learning more and more every day.

Helicopters are a blast and probably the hardest Craft to Operate, let alone RC operate.

GL with the challenge and Keep practicing.

It took many years years, but I finally got the wife to come around, I just kept saying "it keeps me out of the bar dear";) ...and of course now with grandkids she's even easier to convince:D

thx for all the welcoming guys, nice little forum here:)

HX3D014 said:
Welcome DC_Spd
Helicopters are a blast and probably the hardest Craft to Operate, let alone RC operate.
I knew a real world heli pilot that flew helies at my old field who told me
"flying a real one is easier ! "

Last edited:
Back