Recent content by Fly_electric

1. Fly_electric

Diffuse map in 3ds Max 2021

Long busy work days, but have got some time in on the sport jet. Mapping well on the way, and there have been some quick visits to the paint booth. Sorry for the slow updates!
  2. Fly_electric

Christmas

Enjoy a great and safe Christmas!
  3. Fly_electric

Thanksgiving

Enjoy a great and safe Thanksgiving holiday with your family and friends.
  4. Fly_electric

Help with getting non-plane designs into realflight from blender

Legoman, Interesting info on using Blender. I assume so, but does Blender support snaps to align the axis to an edge? For tapered/dihedraled wings that is useful.
  5. Fly_electric

Got back to the sport jet last week. Gear and main gear doors are in and animated, but no nose gear doors yet. Was a bit surprised it flies KE pretty well-- although I freely admit to not being great at it. More to learn with this version of Max as with prior versions there was a way to get a...
  6. Fly_electric

ASJ, Yes, that was the first attempt. As for new models, the setup procedure can be repeated or the existing scene can be "saved as" under a new filename I think. But as you say the fix is simple. Thanks again for the help!
  7. Fly_electric

Thanks UT. A full 180 as Blender use to be the rarest 3d modeling pgm, with Wings a bit more popular. Models from both ( I thought) required running through Max for the pivots, but that has obviously changed.. ASJ, Thanks for your help. That was the ticket to get the test plane into RF8...
  8. Fly_electric

Started getting back into some modeling again. In the time since the last work, 3ds Max has changed from the 2018 to 2021 version. The issue I'm having is RF8 has always been ok with diffuse color map material for the tga file, but that choice looks to not be present in Max 2021. If a scene...
  9. Fly_electric

Christmas

Enjoy a great and safe Christmas-- and a Happy New Year!!
  10. Fly_electric

Thanksgiving

Enjoy a great Thanksgiving!
  11. Fly_electric

Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms!
  12. Fly_electric

Christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Enjoy a great holiday!
  13. Fly_electric

Thanksgiving

Enjoy a great and safe Thanksgiving!
  14. Fly_electric

Veteran's Day

To all the veterans: Thank you for service!!
Back