Recent content by Garcon31

1. G

Modem/Router configuration for MultiPlayer

Actiontec MI424-WR router settings This router is a bit confusing, I think, but after some "tire kicking" I found the right choices. Follow the steps below -- I've attached three images to assist you in setting things up: 1) From the main screen click "Firewall Settings" 2) Leave default...
  2. G

Port forwards work for 4.5 but not 5

Got it! Thank you. I've figured it out -- I was specifiying both the incoming port and the "forward to" ports. On my router the incoming needs to be set to "any". Thank you for the quick response! Gary
  3. G

4.5 version is 4.50.050 4.5 version is 4.50.050
  4. G

Hi all, Not sure what I'm doing wrong -- I've forwarded the ports as instructed in the fail to connect box. I feel it is configured correctly because I can get online with v4.5 just fine. But v5 will not. Any advice would be appreciated. I happen to have Verizon FIOS with an Actiontec MI424-WR...
  5. G

Multiplayer connection issues

Thank you -- I don't recall we tried that explicitly. Next time I will, though.
  6. G

Multiplayer connection issues

So it isn't me!?!? Oh man -- judging by this thread there is something going on that I can't fix locally (and I've tried everything I've read in the posts). And of course, this is the weekend my cousin (who just bought RF) comes over to try some local network flying. To restate - I checked...
  7. G

.050 feed back thread.

.50 feedback Weeha! .50 is a huge improvement for me. In version .48 (and earlier) I could see the flashing icon for voice chat but couldn't hear or reply. Now it is all running very well. I was in a session tonight with 8 simultaneous flyers and only experienced some choppiness now and...
  8. G

Symetrical Frames error?

Symetrical Frames error That is remarkable - if it hasn't been reported before. I find that one an excellent aircraft to fly. Based on all the feedback and my little experiment I guess I'll just ignore the meaningless message until a fix is forthcoming. What a great forum - outstanding...
  9. G

Symetrical Frames error?

Symetrical Frames error I see that about the add-ons, yes. Which makes you wonder how the read only file could have gotten affected to begin with? I didn't try this yet, but presumably if I reinstall the add-ons it would set this right by creating a fresh copy of the Phantom (Great Planes) file?
  10. G

Symetrical Frames error?

Symetrical Frames Error Thank you for the advice. I looked at the F4 Phantom and found a "Symetrical Fuselage" item under airframe/main wing which was set for 100% I changed this to zero but had to rename the aircraft as it indicated the original is "read only" Now there is no error when this...
  11. G

Symetrical Frames error?

Symetrical Frames error Hmmm.. tracking this closely it appears to always happen with the F4 Phantom (Great Planes) from Add-On two. But it also just happened with the custom aircraft Constellation G4. Then I randomly chose the P-6E from expansion pack 2 and there was no error.
  12. G

Symetrical Frames error?

When I select new aircraft I get this message: fuselage component symetrical fuselage has no frame but has non-zero aerodynamics percent. It appears on many aircarft when loaded, but not all. Any ideas on what is wrong? Thanks -- Garcon31
  13. G

Add On Volume 5

Add On 5 Nice extra content! I Love the blimp hangar. With all these add ons and the large collection of excellent user created models I have to say that RF4.5 really delivers. There's a lot of sim, R/C training and entertainment value.
  14. G

Add on 5 for 4.5?

Shweet, shweet.. thank you.
  15. G

Add on 5 for 4.5?

Will add-on pack 5 be available at some point to 4.5 owners similar to add-ons 1-4? I purchased all five expansion packs and would like to have a complete collection of all extras. Garcon31
Back