Symetrical Frames error?

Garcon31

When I select new aircraft I get this message: fuselage component symetrical fuselage has no frame but has non-zero aerodynamics percent.

It appears on many aircarft when loaded, but not all.

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks -- Garcon31

Symetrical Frames error

Hmmm.. tracking this closely it appears to always happen with the F4 Phantom (Great Planes) from Add-On two. But it also just happened with the custom aircraft Constellation G4.

Then I randomly chose the P-6E from expansion pack 2 and there was no error.

Last edited:
It's an error in the physics model and it is telling you exactly what the problem is, so you can correct it.

"fuselage component symetrical fuselage has no frame but has non-zero aerodynamics percent" means that the fuselage component ____ (the real error will name it) does not have a component from the 3D model assigned to it, but it still has a non-zero aerodynamics percent.

So either assign a 3D component or zero out the aerodynamics percent to correct the error.

Symetrical Frames Error

Thank you for the advice. I looked at the F4 Phantom and found a "Symetrical Fuselage" item under airframe/main wing which was set for 100%

I changed this to zero but had to rename the aircraft as it indicated the original is "read only"

Now there is no error when this renamed version is loaded -- and the original Phantom still reports the error so you must have guided me to the correct spot. I can't detect any difference in the flying characteristics either - not that I am that able to discriminate.

Just to review, it is not possible to save a stock (including AddOns and Expansion Packs) aircraft. They must be renamed. Custom aircraft can be saved without renaming, though.

Symetrical Frames error

I see that about the add-ons, yes. Which makes you wonder how the read only file could have gotten affected to begin with? I didn't try this yet, but presumably if I reinstall the add-ons it would set this right by creating a fresh copy of the Phantom (Great Planes) file?

Curious error on a stock aircraft. If nobody else comments on the f-4, I'll look at it when I get home.

I have always got that same error (actually it's a "warning" mess.) with the "stock" great planes F-4 as well as a few other stock aircraft..... :confused:
I just Ignore it

Last edited:
Well, since nobody else commented: I tried the F-4 and got the error. KE is good about fixing errors like that, when it's their aircraft files. I'm sure it's not a permanent problem.

Symetrical Frames error

That is remarkable - if it hasn't been reported before. I find that one an excellent aircraft to fly. Based on all the feedback and my little experiment I guess I'll just ignore the meaningless message until a fix is forthcoming.

What a great forum - outstanding feedback and fast too.

Garcon31 said:
That is remarkable - if it hasn't been reported before.
Based on what I've seen in MP sessions, everyone flying F-4s seem to be flying one of mine rather than the stock one.

jeffpn said:
Well, since nobody else commented: .
yes someone did:
Maj. Numbskully said:
I have always got that same error (actually it's a "warning" mess.) with the "stock" great planes F-4 as well as a few other stock aircraft..... :confused:
I just Ignore it
Just Razz'en ya jeff :D

We do not plan to fix this issue. As stated in the announcement that accompanied the repackaged Add-Ons, we released them as-is with no plans to make further changes. It's still possible we would take steps to remedy a major issue if one appeared, but this one is relatively minor.

Back