Recent content by jaybird

1. J

Throttle cut does not work in planes?

Thanks for the response! Glad to know I wasn't missing something :)
  2. J

Throttle cut does not work in planes?

OK, so in the simulator it's not much of a real issue, but still, from the standpoint of "simulating" the real thing, why does neither the E-Flite Apprentice nor the Hobbyzone Aerostar have a working Switch H? I'm using an Interlink controller. At first I thought it was channel mapping, the...
  3. J

Evolution Can I sell it on?

The controller is a physical USB controller, it has no license or any tie to software, so if you really wanted to sell it there's nothing to stop you. You can buy it standalone from Spektrum, it costs 100 US. I really like mine and would never sell it, but whatever...
  4. J

E-Flite Conscendo - adding flapperons in the sim?

To start out I'd like to say that I really love this model in the sim, it's on my short list for purchase. It does no damage in the sim to let it skid along a long ways on landing of course, but if it behaves that way IRL I am already thinking I'd want to modify it. What I wondered is: is doing...
  5. J

Gimbal tips

A follow-up... since posting I purchased an Apprentice RTF kit, it comes with the DXS transmitter, and while the tips are of a similar design, they are much less "prickly" on the DXS. I much prefer the real thing :) Even so, this is a minor issue, the simulator is a great tool, making my first...
  6. J

Gimbal tips

Thanks for the reply, once I buy a real transmitter and plane I can make the decision. It surely isn't keeping me from using the sim, I'm really enjoying it.
  7. J

computer suggestions

My last upgrade was to a system that I now display on a 4K TV, the big screen is awesome for all my simulator needs, I can't imagine being stuck on a small laptop screen these days, depends on your situation though... Good luck!
  8. J

Gimbal tips

I just purchased the sim, there are aspects I like, one thing I find surprising... the InterLink DX controller gimbal tips are like some medieval torture device :) Was this really intended? Anything I can do to make them less, er, "prickly" ? I mean having a positive contact and all is good but...
Back