Recent content by mike4

1. M

RealFlight 8 on Steam!

@Bill Yes I triple boot Ubuntu/Win10/macOS 10.9 with Grub. However I only boot win/mac to recompile my stuff. Anyway if I buy RF8 it will be for VR, which surely takes time to get supported in Wine.
  2. M

RealFlight 8 on Steam!

While I still have that virus plagued os installed, I prefer to not boot it anymore. Wine looks like a very small fix. I run Aerofly in Wine with my old controller, why shouldn't Rf8 do as well?
  3. M

RealFlight 8 on Steam!

Thanks Ryan. I should get a Samsung Odyssey or maybe a upcoming Vive Pro. Could you make it work in Wine on Ubuntu? https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32056 Is it possible to get a refund on Steam, if I run into problems with controller etc.?
  4. M

RealFlight 8 on Steam!

no need for backups and always up to date game automagically.
  5. M

RealFlight 8 on Steam!

Is SteamOS supported? Anyway I might buy it if: - it works on Ubuntu either native or via Wine - I can use my old 3.5 controller - I can use my old Great Planes Pitts S2s - it works with any steamVR device Thanks for letting me know what of the above to expect working.
  6. M

How-to: Running RealFlight 7 on a mac using VMware Fusion.

oh glad you did. anyone got the controller working with virtualbox or other free app?
  7. M

How-to: Running RealFlight 7 on a mac using VMware Fusion.

yes virtualbox, wine etc surely works but without controller
  8. M

Mistral glider change flaps from throttle to knob

Great, many thanks. Tried it yesterday and wonder how to add heavy lead like the other Mistral version.
  9. M

Mistral glider change flaps from throttle to knob

Hi how to change the Mistral landing flaps from throttle to the turning knob on the transmitter? Thanks
  10. M

Linux and/or WINE

Ahm yes you made me try my Realflight controller in x-plane and it works. So I had a look in synaptic and installed crrcsim. Works perfectly, just had a nice gliding flight on a sea shore with animated waves.- Works great out of the box, didn't try my controller before.:)
  11. M

Linux and/or WINE

Which one, name? Steamboxes are not even released by now.
  12. M

Linux and/or WINE

I have RF4 since I bought a Great Planes Pitts S2S. I also have a Hangar 9 P-51 and both are in RF. The Pitts seller back then pointed me to the training possibility, else I would not have bothered a Sim supporting Windows only. So without my Pitts I would, if at all, use probably ...
  13. M

Linux and/or WINE

ur the official forum spammer? again bye bye
  14. M

Linux and/or WINE

I would buy a RF7 with a wrapper. Even better if they would officially support Wine/playonlinux. Should not be a big deal at all, I guess much less work than for a wrapper. For now I'm heavily bored to boot Windows only for a quick RF4 flight...
  15. M

Linux and/or WINE

Ah yea I remember one being infamous as performance/Quality was even lower than with Wine. Forgot which game. Not many, maybe one or two. :p Again bye bye ...
Back