Recent content by N40NL

1. N40NL

Pre-purchase compatibility/spec... check

From what I’ve read 2/3 of gamer’s are still using 1080, and apparently your 960 is still very popular for that resolution. I found this database showing relative performance (put cursor in Relative Performance window and scroll) https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-960.c2637...
  2. N40NL

NVIDIA SLASHES GPU PRICES Getting more realistic, under $300 BTW be Very Leary of buying a used GPU from someone you don't know, it could have been worked to death mining. Mike
  3. N40NL

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. I just thought it'd be nice for a change to actually fly a plane in Sim and IRL. As for research, its what I do to TRY and minimize problems/Migraines. :cool: Mike Cogito Ergo Sum (I Think Therefore I Am - Descartes)
  4. N40NL

"For a Re-enrty vehicle I’m looking at the TH 32” Crack Yak, their power system/servo package and 600ma lipo packs." I haven't bought anything yet and I'm not married to the idea of the CY. What TH 32" 3D planes (or other brands that fly as well and are as durable), if any, have been modeled for...
  5. N40NL

Like you it rubs me the wrong way to have MS, Google, FaceBook... (whatever) do the 1984/Orwellian monitoring and trying to control our lives, and that's my main reluctance to using Steam, or any form of cloud based service. When I got this laptop one of the first things I did was to uninstall...
  6. N40NL

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t make myself clear on the 4K … I’m currently running a 1080P laptop on an older 40” 4K TV on my desk and its doing the up-scaling very well (I’m 65 and my eyes aren't as good as they were at 18) at its 110 ppi, and even it does a good job of up-scaling text to 4K...
  7. N40NL

Anti-aliasing

What resolutions are you running things at and on what resolution monitor? Decades ago when CAD and PC’s were young we had problems with jaggies due to crude PPI resolution of the monitors of the day. As I write this I’m running 1080p out of my laptop into an older 4K 40” TV and it looks great...
  8. N40NL

New User. Bought New laptop and installed RF Evolution and does not work

The developers who wrote Realflight X dropped the ball, not the masses with "not good enough" computers. A much better product wouldn’t have failed. Freax, later called Linux, didn’t fail. It inspired people to freely devote their time to improve it, then give it away, because they weren't happy...
  9. N40NL

An ounce of prevention is worth a ton of migraines... From the REALFLIGHT 9.5 RC FLIGHT SIMULATOR Manual PDF (400 pages, Really!)… Optimal System - For best graphical performance: Dual Core 2.4GHz CPU w/2 GB RAM, 3D Accelerated Video w/512 MB dedicated video memory. I’ve recently retired and...
Back