Recent content by ptarp

1. P

Antivirus Software False Positives

Just FYI, I just bought RF 9.5 on Steam yesterday, and was having the issues mentioned here, and was unable to run, even after allowing all the instances of blockage in the history in Windows Defender. Today, I clicked "Check for updates" under "Virus & threat protection updates" and after it...
  2. P

Anti Aliasing

I'll make a video of me enabling it in RF and you can tell me what rookie mistake I'm making...thanks for the help.
  3. P

Anti Aliasing

This is not true...use monitoring software such as EVGA Precision to see GPU utilization (http://www.evga.com/precision/) ...it works w/any Nvidia GPU. Your Nvidia GPU can work just fine in windowed mode. I'm not saying that a particular setup doesn't switch to IGP when in windowed (due to...
  4. P

Anti Aliasing

Admittedly, it is far from a huge difference...
  5. P

Anti Aliasing

Oh well, this has gotten off topic. I guess I'll just have to live w/o AA for the time being :)
  6. P

Anti Aliasing

Just saw your edit...you have both FXAA on and normal AA..FXAA will blur the entire screen (including instruments)...it is a "poor mans" AA and not necessary if you have the rig for regular AA.
  7. P

Anti Aliasing

Well then jeffpn, we can agree that AA does work in windowed mode then, right? (not that it was really in question).
  8. P

Anti Aliasing

Boof, thank you. Do you have an NVidia or AMD card? *Edit* "Results: Anti aliasing only works in full screen where RF is concerned. " Not sure why you concluded that...AA is clearly in effect on the 24x windowed mode.
  9. P

Anti Aliasing

First off, this is not even about full-screen...I always do that. Second, there is NOTHING, NOTHING preventing an application from using AA in windowed...get a KnifeEdge dev to say otherwise...it is ridiculous. Windowed mode is not a "dumbed down" version...if done right the game engine knows...
  10. P

Anti Aliasing

I'm not saying a specific game (like RealFlight) may not disable AA in windowed, but that is an engine limitation. There is nothing inherently preventing AA from working in windowed mode...many games support it.
  11. P

Anti Aliasing

Oh my. If you want to separate fact from fiction...AA does NOT IN ANY WAY require full screen. There is no debate in this topic...if you must press further I can show you countless examples.
  12. P

Anti Aliasing

AA shows up in screen grabs...I am using Fraps.
  13. P

Anti Aliasing

Yes, I am in full screen. I have tried it on two computers now w/same results. Would love to see someone post pics w/AA off vs. on. The difference may be hard to tell in screenshots to most people, but easily noticeable in action. However, I think no AA vs 32x AA should be pretty easy to notice.
  14. P

Anti Aliasing

It doesn't look "bad", but it does not have AA enabled. opjose - Thanks for the advice. Just FYI: I don't know if you are referring to something specific to RF, but AA does not require full screen generally.
  15. P

Anti Aliasing

Not sure if this helps... No AA - 32x CSAA -
Back