Recent content by Rick Allison

1. Rick Allison

Request Aircraft Here!

Thanks, Bryan. I've flown that one, and the Z flies way different. (My HL 63" Y flys more like the Ryan STA from G3.x, which is what I've been using to practice.) Given how many Senior Sportster/Model Y ARFs there are on the market I think a lot of RCers could benefit from an RF version of this...
  2. Rick Allison

Request Aircraft Here!

Bumping, in case this got lost in the chatter that followed it; thanks again, designers, for considering it:
  3. Rick Allison

MARS Field - Summer Morning_PI

A humid August morning at the Model Aircraft Recreation Society (M.A.R.S.) club field, a few miles North of Zelienople, PA, just up I-79 from the Pittsburgh area. You can check out the club's web site at http://www.marsrcclub.com/index.html. Thanks for looking!
  4. Rick Allison

Rick Allison submitted a new upload: MARS Field - Summer Morning_PI View the Swap Page
  5. Rick Allison

Rick Allison updated MARS Field - Summer Morning_PI with a new update entry: Images Read the rest of this update entry...
  6. Rick Allison

Request Aircraft Here!

Oh, it figures I misread your enthusiasm as criticism. Time for the purple icon again. :o Thank you, Jeff. I have a great deal of respect for the folks here who put together the custom models, and so I try to tread lightly. I must be feeling a bit extra insecure today...
  7. Rick Allison

Request Aircraft Here!

Jeff, I apologize, it's been a while since I put in an aircraft request and I'd never been asked nor seen an instruction to sticky my request posts. :o But thanks for straightening me out so emphatically!!! - Rick
  8. Rick Allison

Request Aircraft Here!

I'd like to put in a request for a GEE BEE SENIOR SPORTSTER (a.k.a. the Model Y). 3-view and some other shots attached; other pics available if interested (see below). Hobby Lobby makes this model as an ARF in 48.5", 63", and 84.5" sizes, and Maxford USA makes a 40" version. I think there are...
  9. Rick Allison

Wing Dragon 4, a 4-Ch Aileron Trainer

Just stopping by to say thanks to all involved in modeling the WD4. Over the last month or two I've been practicing with it. And practicing. And practicing. And once I could do basic maneuvers and smooth landings, I cranked up the wind and the turbulence. Until I could do loops and rolls and...
  10. Rick Allison

Request Aircraft Here! #2

Someone else mentioned this plane a few months back in the other request thread, but their post didn't have pics/views and as far as I can tell it didn't result in a build project. I gather there is a similar plane in G2 Add-Ons Volume 4, but this new kit is quite popular, and is both attractive...
  11. Rick Allison

Guys, thank you all (TomXP411, Brentq, Inky00, WindRaider, DeVIN) for your efforts getting this put together. I've just given the WD4 a quick toss around the RF sky and get the sense that this is pretty close to being on the nickle. Would love to hear from HeadMaster (who's already flown his...
  12. Rick Allison

FYI I've sent off for my WD4. Should be here in a week or two.
  13. Rick Allison

Tom, thanks again for all your efforts. Ditto for others upthread who are attempting/advising on the down-conversion. It's appreciated.
  14. Rick Allison

Happy to give it a shot. When you get the time to finish her up, just let me know... Thx
Back