Request Aircraft Here!

Google said:
i want a color sheme for the aircraft variant 42% dalton extra 260-kyle woyshnis better the scheme is kieth commanders new carden extra 300 midwing this plane is freeking beautiful try it please thanx heres a couple pics ask me for more
Sigh...

You can't make a link to a file that's on your computer...you're going to need to have the image hosted somewhere.

ok the pics ddnt work sent me a request and ill email them to you thanx again never mind here they are
carden%20pic%20011.jpg
carden%20pic%20012.jpg
Picture%20021.jpg

Last edited:
Google said:
ok the pics ddnt work sent me a request and ill email them to you thanx again
I'm not going to be making anything. If you want someone to make something for you, you're going to need to post the pictures here. It's really not that hard.

tnorton12000 said:
Read post #1585 for more info.

Searching for post #1585 brings me back to your's.
Can you show the link, or explain where #1585 is?

Also,
tnorton1200 said:
Ya know how it goes. Give me, give me, give me!

I'm sorry tnorton12000,
I thought this was the thread to "quote... Give me, give me, give me!", the reason I posted here, was because it said "Request Aircraft Here".

A little humor... don't be upset.

dansmark-PA-260 said:
Searching for post #1585 brings me back to your's.
Can you show the link, or explain where #1585 is?
This is post #1585 of this thread:

jeffpn said:
Just a reminder: anyone serious about a request will supply 3-views, measurements, weights, etc. for the model they are asking someone to put 40-50 hours or more of their own time into.
It should be straight-forward from there.

Bob, 3 photographs is not the same as a 3-view.It's more or less a schematic: top view, side view, front view. 3-views are all but required to start a model.

Bob, what do YOU think is involved in the process of making a model for RF? Where do you think the modeler gets his data from? Do you have any idea how they do it? There are threads around here that discuss the process of making models. Search the forums here to get a general idea of the effort involved. It ain't easy, but there are those modelers here who had your level of modeling experience before they got RF. At least get an understanding of what effort is involved, and what it takes to create a model. Your chances of getting a model built for you are very slim if you cannot provide a 3-view for the modeler to start from. You have to pique their interest.

I'd like to put in a request for a GEE BEE SENIOR SPORTSTER (a.k.a. the Model Y). 3-view and some other shots attached; other pics available if interested (see below).

Hobby Lobby makes this model as an ARF in 48.5", 63", and 84.5" sizes, and Maxford USA makes a 40" version. I think there are 97" and maybe even larger versions out there, meaning any 3D model for RF can be extended to cover the whole line of available ARFs. The original plane was usually found in white with red trim and black pinstriping, but some of these ARFs are yellow and black or red and black, so there can also be a variety of color schemes.

I have the middle-sized Hobby Lobby version in white and red, and it's a model that gets a lot of compliments at the field, as well as being a sweet-flying plane. The model has a 63" wingspan, is 47" long, with 652 sq. in. wing area, and 6-1/2 lbs. flying weight. HL recommends an AXI Gold 2826/12 Outrunner Motor, ~45A ESC, and 4S 5000mAh battery.

I power mine with a Turnigy KDA36-12XL 770Kv motor, 40A Sentry ESC, fed by a Zippy-H 4S1P 5000mAh LiPo. Pictures of mine (with modified decals and windshield, plus pilot) can be found here.

Links to the HL and Maxford models Gee Bee Senior Sportsters are here:
Hobby Lobby 84.5" Gee Bee Senior Sportster Scale Conversion
Hobby Lobby 63" Gee Bee Senior Sportster
Hobby Lobby 48.5" Mini Gee Bee Senior Sportster
Maxford 40" Gee Bee Y EP ARF

I'd be happy to take pictures and measurements, and to provide additional pictures or information to any 3D modeler who wants to tackle this project. Thanks for considering it!

Attachments

• GB-Y-3VIEW-2.JPG
    GB-Y-3VIEW-2.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 6
  • GB Sr Sportster Y.jpg
    GB Sr Sportster Y.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC05392.jpg
    DSC05392.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 4
  • GBmodel-y.gif
    GBmodel-y.gif
    23.9 KB · Views: 5
Rick Allison said:
I'd like to put in a request for a GEE BEE SENIOR SPORTSTER (a.k.a. the Model Y). 3-view and some other shots attached; other pics available if interested (see below).

Hobby Lobby makes this model as an ARF in 48.5", 63", and 84.5" sizes, and Maxford USA makes a 40" version. I think there are 97" and maybe even larger versions out there, meaning any 3D model for RF can be extended to cover the whole line of available ARFs. The original plane was usually found in white with red trim and black pinstriping, but some of these ARFs are yellow and black or red and black, so there can also be a variety of color schemes.

I have the middle-sized Hobby Lobby version in white and red, and it's a model that gets a lot of compliments at the field, as well as being a sweet-flying plane. The model has a 63" wingspan, is 47" long, with 652 sq. in. wing area, and 6-1/2 lbs. flying weight. HL recommends an AXI Gold 2826/12 Outrunner Motor, ~45A ESC, and 4S 5000mAh battery.

I power mine with a Turnigy KDA36-12XL 770Kv motor, 40A Sentry ESC, fed by a Zippy-H 4S1P 5000mAh LiPo. Pictures of mine (with modified decals and windshield, plus pilot) can be found here.

Links to the HL and Maxford models Gee Bee Senior Sportsters are here:
Hobby Lobby 84.5" Gee Bee Senior Sportster Scale Conversion
Hobby Lobby 63" Gee Bee Senior Sportster
Hobby Lobby 48.5" Mini Gee Bee Senior Sportster
Maxford 40" Gee Bee Y EP ARF

I'd be happy to take pictures and measurements, and to provide additional pictures or information to any 3D modeler who wants to tackle this project. Thanks for considering it!
Sticky this request!!! That's how you ask for a model!!!

jeffpn said:
Sticky this request!!! That's how you ask for a model!!!

Jeff,

I apologize, it's been a while since I put in an aircraft request and I'd never been asked nor seen an instruction to sticky my request posts. :eek:

But thanks for straightening me out so emphatically!!!

- Rick

LOL, us mere users can't make stickies, only the mods can. And posts aren't stickyable, only threads are. In other words, I was being a bit sarcastic, but to have a decent chance to have a request get picked up, one must request in exactly the fashion that you did. Good job!!

jeffpn said:
LOL, us mere users can't make stickies, only the mods can. And posts aren't stickyable, only threads are. In other words, I was being a bit sarcastic, but to have a decent chance to have a request get picked up, one must request in exactly the fashion that you did. Good job!!

Oh, it figures I misread your enthusiasm as criticism. Time for the purple icon again. :eek: Thank you, Jeff.

I have a great deal of respect for the folks here who put together the custom models, and so I try to tread lightly. I must be feeling a bit extra insecure today...

No, actually there are are too many USERS (nicely put, eh?) here who believe that all they have to do is to mention a model, maybe of which no one has even ever heard of, to have somebody jump at the chance to spend 50-100 hours (typical build time) of their own free time to build. Leaves you scratching your head, huh?

Back