Recent content by Scott Kemp

1. S

Jim Bourke and Knife Edge Software

RealFlight Users... I am very pleased to announce that Jim Bourke has been hired to be the General Manager of Knife Edge Software. We will be putting a press release on www.knifeedge.com on Monday, July 7. We are looking forward to Jim's expertise and know he will be a valuable member of our...
  2. S

Jim Bourke and Knife Edge Software

RealFlight Users... I am very pleased to announce that Jim Bourke has been hired to be the General Manager of Knife Edge Software. We will be putting a press release on www.knifeedge.com on Monday, July 7. We are looking forward to Jim's expertise and know he will be a valuable member of our...
  3. S

Christmas gift

The 3dfx card will most likely give you problems as the company went out of business several years ago. A new GeForce2, 3 or 4 would work fine in this system. $40-$350 is what it will take to upgrade, I recommend staying on the lower end for your system so you dont unbalance the your CPU.
  4. S

Heli's go out of control - cyclic throws, tail flips 180 ...

If you contact product support, they will fix worn pots for free. rfsupport@greatplanes.com
  5. S

Problem saving the settings and other

The not saving the 2nd window is a know issue. But it should save your monitor sync option. Submit a bug at www.gpsoftware.com and we'll look into it.
  6. S

Registry Problem's

Take it back or sell it. Get the USB version. You wont have any more problems. Sometimes, no matter how many times we try, some computers just dont run the LPT interface. Make sure you check gpsoftware.com for troubleshooting information as well.
  7. S

Installation Issue on WinXP

Mutso, are you running Japanese Windows by chance? Contact me directly. We are working on figuring out the problem
  8. S

* NEW * DSOUND.dll error

Try running DXDIAG from the Start Menu/Run menu. See if it sees any problems
  9. S

Can't get Update 2 to load with Windows XP

Contact rfsupport@greatplanes.com. They have a fix to help you get past this.
  10. S

Not connected, please plug in I-Controller....

Does the controller appear in the Windows Control Panel/Game Controllers applet?
  11. S

Release candidate 2.00.560, converting texture to DDS?

The latest version converts custom TGA trim schemes to a much smaller/faster DDS format. This usually increases frame rates, sometimes dramatically. All of the stock airplanes/helicopters have DDS files on the CD. So this only applies to customer created trim schemes.
  12. S

Add on 4

Add-Ons 4 sneak There are three planes that come with the Interlink version of G2 that will be on Add-Ons 4. Huey, Ryan and Electro streak. It will ALSO contain additional planes. I will give you some clues for some of them: Ed__ 5__ _-40 P_tt_ Al_at__s Ca_ib__ _t_ka and for the real fun...
  13. S

Windows 98 1st edition installation problem

Can you open up the Game Controllers applet in the Windows Control Panel and see if it actually appears in there? If not, then call Product support (217-398-8970). Is so, then email me so we can debug it.
  14. S

KEError 3994 HELP

Can you open up the Game Controllers applet in the Windows Control Panel and see if it actually appears in there? If not, then call Product support (217-398-8970). Is so, then email me so we can debug it.
  15. S

LAME GRAFIX PROBLEMS

ATI has had some driver problems. The weird one we have seen latetly with the latest public release are graphic objects that disappear and reappear randomly. This has been fixed in the latest beta driver. You'll have to wait until ATI decides to post it. Also, if you are getting a white...
Back