Heli's go out of control - cyclic throws, tail flips 180 ...

B

billf

This is driving me crazy...

Have been using RF about 2 years, and now G2 for another two and never seen anything like it. I fly real helis and use the sim to keep in practice. For a few weeks now, it has been throwing in cyclic changes, like drastic left/right, and backward (never forward?), and 180 degree direction (tail) changes. As I mentioned, I have been flying helis on this G2 on the same hardware/operating system (win98), with no changes for almost two years now. I just upgraded to 2.00.518 today but no change. ANY IDEAS?? HELP PLEASE. I love this program and can't stand having it broken!

/billf/ :confused: :confused:

Bill Flynn - billf@flynns.net
UNIX Guru by trade,
Sailor by choice.

Heli's out of control

Greetings,
I'm just curious if you've been using the same controller/transmitter for four years. I'm also curious, do you fly airplanes also on Realflight?
Do they behave poorly also?
Have you went to your calibration section and observed any jerky-ness(sic) in your inputs as you move the sticks back and forth?
What I'm getting at is maybe your controller is becoming worn out.
I could be completely off base also, but I work on video games and we have to replace worn out potentiometers on the controllers from time to time because as they wear out they get erratic.
Like I said, this may no help at all but I enjoy putting my two cents worth in once in a while on the off hand chance it might help.
GudLuckin.

Jerky motions also could be opens in the cord or connections

I have the same jumping and mine is rare but happens when I rest the radio on the connector. Just the right pressure and angle I get a jumping of the inputs; always the same directions.

Mine is currently the connector. I have had the same issue with an intermittent open in the cord at a bend point.

Good luck,

Bad Connections

Warlockg,
You're right. Connectors and wiring can definately be suspect. I had commented to another person awhile back about the same situation. Sometimes it's easy when troubleshooting to go right on past the easy stuff and concentrate on the wrong area.
Hope your suggestion helps this person out.
C-Ya.

I had a similar problem (I am SURE doing this will void any waranty you may have) I just resoldered the connections to the pots (helped some) and pull the pots out and moved them their full travel distance (helped quit a bit). I speculate that dust or corrosion got in there somehow.

You generally don't notice these problems in the planes because you don't need the fine steady control on the planes, and they tend to react slower.

Back