Recent content by ukwest

1. U

amd rx 6600 xt issue

AMD does not support DX9 which RF is still using. There maybe a driver hack that works but with a newer card I doubt it. Lets not forget that nvidia has cut support for Windows up to 8.1 and older Kepler GPUs. Keplers came out in 2012, which is ten years after DirectX9 so its days are...
  2. U

FMS Airplanes - Pitts V2, P-40B 1400mm, Olympus F3A 1400mm, and more...

If HH was smart they would make sure every plane they sell is also in RF. Sell the plane and push the software, let people try new planes in RF then sell them the models.
  3. U

AMD GPU with Directx 9 and Realflight

I linked Ryan Douglas' post, second item from the bottom of his post is: Does 9.5S have any effect on AMD graphics card support? No. RealFlight 9.5S uses DirectX 9. AMD has broken support for DirectX 9 in their recent drivers for at least some of their graphics cards, and fixing it does not...
  4. U

AMD GPU with Directx 9 and Realflight

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?threads/anybody-see-rf9-5s-yet.55566/post-347271 See the bottom of the linked post. The AMD issue is related to RF being stuck on DirectX 9 (code from almost 2 decades ago). AMD moved on from DX9 and frankly its just a matter of time before nVidia does...
  5. U

Anybody see RF9.5s yet?

I bought RF9.5 from Steam a few months ago so I get the updates automatically. Everything is pretty much the same with a few new planes. The Draco is fun with prop reversing. There are so many Timbers, I guess that is what they want to push next year.
  6. U

Anybody see RF9.5s yet?

Started RF today and got an update notice, 9.5S is live! Looks like all the planes I have added over the last couple of months are all there. Now I am looking for what planes were added.
  7. U

Anybody see RF9.5s yet?

Awesome, thanks for the update! How fundamentally the same? Is this a content patch or is there some work under the hood with game engine/ driver support? I have seen some ATI graphics guys are having issues, are those going to get patched?
  8. U

Anybody see RF9.5s yet?

I'm not seeing 9.5s on steam and its not listed as an upgrade on the 9.5 page.
  9. U

3ds Max student edition

I looked into getting it and Autodesk now require verification of college enrollment. Well that was a long time ago for me, how do you get a copy for non-commercial use? Is it necessary to create models for RF? I guess Blender can be used as well but it looks like it was designed for a lot more.
Back