AMD GPU with Directx 9 and Realflight

N8LBV

Did this ever get fixed and is it still an issue in 2021?
All I am finding right now are posts from 2018 on it being broken.
And dead links to an Alpha driver that is supposed to attempt to fix it.
All old stuff.

Anyone been though this and know what is going on with it in 2021?

Did they drop support in the past then attempt to fix it and then drop support again later?
And where did it leave off?

This did not answer my questions.
Doing any searches on this takes me back to 2018.
What is going now with it?
And what about the "alpha driver" that came out in 2018 in an attempt to fix it?
Did they start an attempt and then stop attempting?
What is going on since 2018?

The "bottom" of the post that you linked takes me to:

" They actually went to Steam to prevent the Windows 10 and 11 firewall from blocking the install of their outdated RF installation .exe file. It was blocked as a threat by default in Win 10 and Win 11. I am using Steam version of 9.5S and it works perfectly and doesn't trip the firewall. It works great and I have imported everything you can image without any issues. Load the game and then use the import function for whatever you need. I am holding my breath that someone will create the Flex Innovations models, especially the Cessna 170 in red for me? Enjoy it and see you guys in some multiplayer sessions soon!"

I linked Ryan Douglas' post, second item from the bottom of his post is:

Does 9.5S have any effect on AMD graphics card support?
No. RealFlight 9.5S uses DirectX 9. AMD has broken support for DirectX 9 in their recent drivers for at least some of their graphics cards, and fixing it does not seem to be a priority for them. There are no quick workarounds available on our end at this time.

Not my solution, but a quote from the suggestion I saw and posted about earlier. Did you try this:

I have a reliable workaround which should work fine as long as you have some disk space to spare and a machine that isn't ancient. You can install VMWare (it is free for non-commercial use) and then install any version of Windows with DX9.0c support in a virtual machine. Then install RealFlight in that VM. I've currently got this working with my main machine running Windows 10 (latest updates and latest AMD drivers), but then I have Windows 8 installed in a virtual machine. Everything works with full detail no problems.

Just to update everyone. . . No fix for this problem and AMD issues. Lame. My 6800xt doesn't like this program.

There won't be a Fix from Realflight/KnifeEdge/Horizon. It isn't possible to update the current version to a different version of DirectX. It will have to come in a future version of Realflight. The only work around for AMD users is to use Realflight in a Virtual Machine Environment. AMD could fix the problem with updates to their driver to support RF but if they don't then AMD people are out of luck.

Back