Recent content by zbrubaker

1. Z

Looking for help with creating aircraft for RealFlight

Thanks for the offer Willsonman! If Boof69 only wants to do the creation of the RF model, I would be happy to take you up on your offer! I'm glad you like the SE5a! I really would love to be able to get all of my models into RF one of these days.
  2. Z

Looking for help with creating aircraft for RealFlight

I have a small side business designing and selling laser-cut model kits. I would love to be able to have a number of my designs available to 'try out' in RealFlight. I do all of my design work in 3D in AutoCAD, so I already have 3D models. I just don't have the time to learn how to take that 3D...
  3. Z

One on one training for building RF model

Any chance you could record training sessions and then put them up on YouTube? I would love to create a couple models for RealFlight, but unfortunately my schedule is very limited.
  4. Z

Request your Airports here

a 3D airport...and I don't have the foggiest idea where my manual is :eek: . Besides, I figured anything here in the forum would likely be more informative than the manual (but I could be wrong...).
  5. Z

Request your Airports here

I've done a couple of searches but can't seem to find much info on creating flying sites/airports. There are two flying sites that host major events that I would love to model. A point in the right direction would be great! Thx
  6. Z

Looking for help turning AutoCAD 3D models into Real Flight planes - I need a mentor!

Thanks flexible...I actually just went through your 3ds for dummies threads and they are very informative. As soon as I can secure a copy of 3DS, I'm going to give it a shot again...need to see if I can get past the trial period issue. What version of 3DS do you recommend? doing the pivots was...
  7. Z

Looking for help turning AutoCAD 3D models into Real Flight planes - I need a mentor!

I have a number of designs that are modeled in AutoCAD that I would love to be able to get into Real Flight and share with everyone. I have read through a number of the tutorials and have even begun trying to convert one design, but trying to learn a bunch of new software packages has been very...
  8. Z

Complete newbie needs 3DSmax 2010 help

thanks for the info. Seems kind of silly to need two separate meshes for a model. So I guess I need to go and make a 'low res' mesh. How did the roofing go?
  9. Z

I think I understand the idea of the collision mesh. A face to apply a texture to that will show when the model 'breaks apart' due to a collision. The 17,600 facetes do not include collision meshes, I will need to add them. Enjoy the roofing. I've had to do that more than a few times. Not my...
  10. Z

Thanks for your help Terry, knowing what the pivot point is helped me to get it worked out in 3DS Max. I still have a few more to do as it's a bit quirky (for now at least) getting the pivot point aligned with the hinge line I want. I checked the model and I have 17,600 facets.
  11. Z

Thanks for the response Terry. I too started back with the old school AutoCAD (v 9 I believe) and trying to use a surface modeling program is like learning a foreign language. Getting my mind around the concepts of 3D modeling is the tough part. Even though there are many CAD programs that I...
  12. Z

Please don't be condescending, it's really uncalled for and totally unnecessary. I believe I clearly stated I have 20 years of AutoCAD experience...AutoCAD is a far cry from a 3D surface modeling/animation program like 3DS Max (which I have no experience with ANY 3D surface modeling/animation...
  13. Z

Well, for someone with ZERO experience with 3DS Max, I don't know the tools and I don't know the 'lingo', so it's not quite that clear or simple. It's easy to say "set up a pivot axis" when you know HOW to do it, I don't. Working in 3DS Max is an entirely different mindset/concept for me. It...
  14. Z

That was my intention to export to 3DS and use 3ds2kex utility. I have gone through the tutorials, but they are basic in they only say to create the hinge/pivot point, not how to actually do it.
Back