Looking for help turning AutoCAD 3D models into Real Flight planes - I need a mentor!

zbrubaker

I have a number of designs that are modeled in AutoCAD that I would love to be able to get into Real Flight and share with everyone. I have read through a number of the tutorials and have even begun trying to convert one design, but trying to learn a bunch of new software packages has been very frustrating and unfortunately I don't really have the time to devote to hacking through all of this on my own.

If there's anyone out there that's interested in collaborating with me on a number of projects, please let me know. First project I'm looking to do is the Hughs XF-11 recon plane. So if your interested in perhaps mentoring someone who really want to contribute...

This will make a great addition to the Swaps, I love counter rotating Props

Attachments

• xf11-3q-wide.jpg
    xf11-3q-wide.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 11
Thanks flexible...I actually just went through your 3ds for dummies threads and they are very informative. As soon as I can secure a copy of 3DS, I'm going to give it a shot again...need to see if I can get past the trial period issue. What version of 3DS do you recommend? doing the pivots was actually one of the things that was a real stumbling block for me when I tried before.

I think you'll see that doing pivots in Max is probably the second easiest task following parenting, which is basically drag-n-drop. Whatever version of max you can get will do just fine since there is a kex exporter for most. Good luck

Back