M

1930 Lockheed Sirius 50%_AV

• Lindberg's Lockheed Sirius-0.jpg
    Lindberg's Lockheed Sirius-0.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 44
The beautiful Lockheed Sirius in 50% scale for RF7.5

Many, many thanks to Boof69 and 211 for the wonderful EA and CS. You just HAVE to set your Maps to “normal” to see just how great this plane looks.

I like half-scale flying so I re-built the tails and tips to really capture their lovely rounded surfaces in the physics, balanced the weights and CG with simulated Engine mass (ballast in the nose) and mapped a custom torque curve to provide a reasonably accurate scale speed (75 =150) in a reasonable rpm range (around 4500). With the rumble of a nice Big Radial you'll still experience full-power stalls in vertical climbs just like a “real airplane”....

This is a slower flying, smooth handing, elegant aircraft perfect for 1st person flying around the Sim by PATIENT pilots who, due to the slow wind-up and spool down of the prop, can sufficiently “plan ahead” with careful throttle control…

Like most of my Big Scale stuff, there are no high or low rates to the controls. Standard stick and throttle with front and rear cockpit cams, the views will pan with Channel 6 Scroll, and look up/center/down with 3-position number 8 toggle.

This is a beautiful plane to be in, or just watch go by…Enjoy, and thanks again to the EA and color scheme artists for letting me play with (and make changes to!) their masterpiece :)

This variant requires:

Lindberg's Lockheed Sirius_EA

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back