M

50% 1917 Bristol F2b_AV

• Bristol F2b-0.jpg
    Bristol F2b-0.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 60
This is my Half-Scale version of Madratters fabulous Bristol F2B. Originally released in 2012 as a quarter scale electric, its a Real Swap Page Gem with moving control horns, detailed pilot, gunner and cockpit, articulated rear gun, tail skid and lots of other cool details….must have been at the absolute poly limit for the day!

Many thanks to everyone involved in the original EA, its been one of my favorites for a long time….

So here she is, Big and Slow…Typical of my scale flyers, there are no high or low rates. I changed the powerplant to a gas motor with a custom torque curve that keeps it somewhat realistic. She will stall at full power in a vertical climb though she has enough thrust at full power for slow loops, barrel rolls and hammerhead stalls…loop and swoop, not 3-D aerobatics!

Roll the throttle to ¾ power for realistic takeoffs, but beware, like the original, (quarter scale and real life!) her small rudder makes ground handling touchy so she’s susceptible to ground-loops when landing... a challenge to bring in smooth and pretty to Carl Henson Field, but for me, that’s the fun!.

Standard flight controls, forward guns fire on Channel 5 (slow rate due to the interrupter gear!)

Pilot and Rear Gunner have P.O.V. cams
Pan is with 3-position Channel 8 (down looks left, center is straight, up is look right)
Toggle Channel 7 to look up

The Rear Gun pivots and raises gun with the same controls

(for some reason I cant get channel 6 scroll knob to work on this mod!?)

I’ll have some new color schemes coming up soon for this wonderful bird, too.

Enjoy!.

This variant requires:

Bristol F2b_EA

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back