M

50% Dauntless SBD_AV

• dauntless-0.jpg
    dauntless-0.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 61
50% Dauntless Dive-bomber

Here is my Half-Scale version the Dauntless Dive-bomber set up for RF 7.5.

Another (early) Warbird for my Half-Scale South Pacific airfield...slow and heavy, she lands best with flaps down…takes a while to bleed off airspeed, carrier approaches require patient practice or you will run off the end of the deck! There is some wheel-brake at full up elevator, careful not to dig the prop….

There is a lot else “going on” with this bird, so please note the following switch assignments…

Flaps and Air Brakes are on the 3-position #8 switch…
Middle position = “neither”,
Down = Flaps only.
Up = Airbrakes only.

This is “correct” as they did NOT use flaps while dive-bombing...it creates a lift/drag asymmetry problem (three ”brakes” across the bottom, only two across the top) causing a wobbly hard to control dive…not good!

Bomb Release and Wing Fold are on #5…
Instant Bomb release happens when toggled towards you, the wings will begin to fold 8 seconds later…
Drop the bomb then re-set the switch, you can fold the wings after landing without ordnance.

Pilot and Gunner Cams pivot with the scroll knob, use F-4 and F-5 access them.
There is also a “Bomb Cam” on F-6 if you want to see it go right down the stack !

Gear as usual is on #7, down is down.

Rear guns T&E (Traverse and Elevation) move with elevator and aileron inputs

Wish there were more switches available, but this is the best compromise I could come up with to fly a “mission” without slaving the flaps to the gear (gotta have the camera scroll/pan to line up on the carrier!)

She can be a handful, so have fun and look for NEW COLORSCHEMES coming soon….

Early Marine Corps, battle of the Coral Sea and Midway versions are in the works

Credits from the Original EA:

3D Model: Phrank
Texture Map and Pivot Points: Phrank
Physics: Cowboy
Colorscheme Junkboy999

This variant requires:

dauntless_EA

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back