Alpine STOLport_AP-1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Alpine STOLport_AP-2.jpg
    Alpine STOLport_AP-2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 68
  • Alpine STOLport_AP-3.jpg
    Alpine STOLport_AP-3.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 70
STOL is an initialism for short take-off and landing, a term used to describe aircraft with very short runway requirements. Most STOL aircraft can land either on- or off-airport. A STOLport is an airport designed with STOL operations in mind, normally having a short single runway. Typical off-airport remotely located landing areas include snow or ice (using skis), fields or gravel riverbanks (often using special fat, low-pressure tundra tires), and water (using floats). These remote areas are often extremely short and obstructed by tall trees or hills.

I designed this remotely located plain STOLport with these specific classic and authentic considerations. It is a fun port to use with ARB6591's design award winning Polish PZL-104. I found flying the PZL-104 here to be fun in either the standard R/C mode or very sporting in Chase mode. I prefer to use the PZL-104 here with smoke and exhaust turned “OFF”.

Try using alternate directions for landings and take-offs. Both are fun! Try your favorite float planes too...there are a couple of docks nearby...

The following G-4.5 simulator settings are suggested for best use of this STOLport:

VIEW: Camera Type/"Fixed Position"

Camera Position/"Pilot Spawn (Default)"

Zoom Type/"Keep Ground In View"

Back