technoid

Boxie Flyer EP_EA

• Boxie Flyer EP-0.jpg
    Boxie Flyer EP-0.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 65
Boxie Flyer is the extension of the excellent tutorial on how to create a plane for RealFlight by Boof69. I followed his tutorial named BoxTrainer and ended up with a simple box shaped plane that was imported into RealFlight as a working model. Of course it was a very basic plane and not a finished product so I decided to take what I learned and create my first plane, thus the name Boxie Flyer.

This has been a huge learning experience for me and without the help of everyone in the RealFlight 7 Designer's Corner I wouldn't have been able to do it. I owe all of them a big thank you. As soon as I posted about my desire to create a plane they all shared their extensive experience with me to make the process of learning and creating my first plane as easy as possible. But let me tell you, it isn't so easy and the learning curve is very steep. But with their help I'm releasing two planes today, the plane I started on, Boxie Flyer, and the Electric Powered conversion inspired by Fly_electric, Boxie Flyer EP. Both planes have been designed to fly the way I like to fly, close with strong aerobatics, so the weight has been kept low to keep the wing loading light which allows the plane to fly slow and easy. I have the controls set a little on the high side so use the dual rate switch if you want to tame that down some.

The Glow Powered version is driven by a vintage McCoy RC engine from the early to mid 60's. The Electric Powered version is driven by a Model Motors AXI AC2826 10 which provides snappy performance. Both planes are original designs and created entirely for RealFlight so their flight physics are driven by the simulator with no real world flight performance intended, just fun flying. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed creating them. Here's a short video I put together with Boxie Flyer. Playin' With The Boys.

I want to thank the following people for their generous help and support.

Boof69
Fly_electric
abaser
doug schluter
csgill75
uncle twist
silverwing49
Carkshark
Maj. Numbskully
Ghost129er

When you're flying a 3D Field you can use the F4 and F5 keys to view the Left and Right sides of the plane. These are the two views I added to the pictures below.
Reactions: opjose

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back