GRAMS Browns Summit NC_AP-1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 62
  • GRAMS Browns Summit NC_AP-2.jpg
    GRAMS Browns Summit NC_AP-2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 60
  • GRAMS Browns Summit NC_AP-3.jpg
    GRAMS Browns Summit NC_AP-3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 63
This is a loose visual representation of the field used by the Greensboro Radio Aeromodelers Inc. from Greensboro, NC. It is based on the "Sod Farm" stock photofield pano.

I created this field so I could practice approaches from the left as we have limited space from that end due to a house and church. The log cabin represents the house, and the larger brown house to it's right represents the church. Also, the "grass pile" can be seen off the approach end of the runway but I am not certain of it's proper location for lineup and the depth perception is lacking a bit.

I am primarily posting this so if anyone that flies at GRAMS would like to, they can use this to practice as well. Anyone else that would just like a simple club-like field to fly at might enjoy this also.

Some of the pit stuff seems to rattle around a bit at times, and the planes fall off the stands until the first reset, then somehow magically will stay. I always reset as soon as the field or plane loads and then everything stays.

One last note, I really wish RF had included buffer grass as most flying fields are grass with tall grass buffers. The cattails I used along the runway are a bit goofy, but they represent the field straw that serves as our buffer.
Reactions: opjose
Author
simplem
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
RealFlight Version
Back