technoid

Great Lakes Special_EA

• Great Lakes Special-0.jpg
    Great Lakes Special-0.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 146
Recently a few of us guys were talking and for some reason an old version of a plane Doug built came up and he mentioned he had to let it go during a move. So I told him I'd create a model of it for RealFlight if he'd help me. So Doug said fine and has done the complete physics and color scheme for this release. So I modeled the plane and gave it to him to finish out. I thought he might share a little bit of history of the plane with us so I ask him to write a few comments for the release notes, so here's what Doug had to say.

---

Thank you technoid for this model. The RF model that technoid did for me is based off the model I scratch built back in 1997 using the RCM Great Lakes Special plans, although this version is much larger with a 70 twin 2 stroke than the 40 - 50 size I built, the wire cabanes, interplane struts, and aileron connecting wires make it look really close to my scratch built version. The CS is the one I was working on but didn't quite get it finished as I was having so much fun flying it. I even put it on floats and it flew great with the extra weight, it's a good aerobatic biplane and I'm sure you will enjoy flying this version.

---

Thanks Doug. I also plan to do a float version for Doug so stay tuned that's coming soon. Doug also built a tug-boat so he could go out and grab planes that landing but the engine died, so he needs a new float version to play with too.

FEATURES:

Brakes activated by up elevator
Smoke controlled by Channel 7

Plane Design: technoid
Physics Design: doug schluter
Color Scheme: doug schluter
Fun Factor: A Cool Aerobatic Bi-Plane

I also want to thank the guys on the Developer's Forum for their help and support.

abaser
Fly_electric
doug schluter
legoman
BrokeDad
Boof69
csgill75
uncle twist
silverwing49
Carkshark
Maj. Numbskully
Ghost129er
12oclockhigh
adrenoline 60
TPRogers

When you're flying a 3D Field you can use the F4, F5, F6, and F7 keys for the Pilot Seat, Front, Left, and Right views of the plane.

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back