technoid

Proud Bird Mk II_EA

• Proud Bird Mk II-0.jpg
    Proud Bird Mk II-0.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 83
I really enjoyed building and flying the first pattern plane I created called Proud Bird so I wanted to do a follow on project called Proud Bird Mk II. So I researched vintage pattern planes for inspiration and found one I liked called Dirty Birdy, a very cool looking plane. So I went back to the drawing board and created another pattern plane inspired by the great looks of the Dirty Birdy but with my own take on it. So if you think this plane looks like Dirty Birdy you're right it's totally inspired by it. You might call it a tribute to Dirty Birdy. So here's my second pattern plane Proud Bird Mk II.

Like all my projects Doug and I worked together on it. I create the plane and the initial physics and hand it off to Doug so he can put his personal spin on the physics to improve them, he has a gift for it and I'm fortunate to work with him. We make a great team exchanging ideas and hashing out the best way to do it together. But back on subject. Give Proud Bird Mk II a try I think you'll like it, she fly's great and looks great thanks to the lines of the original plane and it's cool color scheme.

The high rates are setup for controlled flying but I've tailored the low rates to the way I like to fly, so the throws on low rate are set to 60 percent for very graceful flying. So have fun and fly safe, no through the hood flying please.

FEATURES

The plane has retracts, smoke, and breakaway cowl.

CONTROLS

I'm a little bit different when it comes to what controls what so here's how I have the controls setup.

RETRACTS

Gear Down: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Towards You
Gear Up: Channel 8 3 Position Switch In The Middle

SMOKE

Smoke On: Channel 8 3 Position Switch Away From You
Smoke Off: Channel 8 3 Position Switch In The Middle

You can see the fully detailed Engine and Pitts muffler by detaching the Cowl.

COWL

Detach Cowl: Channel 7 Switch Away From You
Attach Cowl: Channel 7 Switch Towards You

The plane must be reset after you move the channel 7 switch towards you for RealFlight to reattach the cowl.

Plane Design: technoid
Physics Design: technoid and doug schluter
Fun Factor: Everyone

I also want to thank the guys on the Developer's Forum they're always there when I need help and I really appreciate it.

abaser
Fly_electric
doug schluter
Boof69
csgill75
uncle twist
silverwing49
Carkshark
Maj. Numbskully
Ghost129er
12oclockhigh

When you're flying a 3D Field you can use the F4, F5, and F6 keys for the Front, Left, and Right views of the plane.

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back