spidernad

Quarter Scale P-38 Lightning - Version 4_AV

• P38-0.jpg
    P38-0.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 58
1/4 Scale P-38 Lightning with Twin Moki 250cc 4-Stroke Radial Gas Engines by Spidernad.

VERSION 4 UPDATES:

Added spring loaded scale retracts.
Note: RealFlight has a known issue with planes hopping around on runway with spring landing gear but the added realism is worth using them anyway. Just push the reset button until it clears if this happens.

Slowed down retractable landing gear speed and adjusted servo travel for more realism.

Further fine tuning of power curve.

Adjusted idle torque for lower idle speed. (Hold throttle stick all the way down for propeller optical illusion)

Final adjustment of horizontal stabilizer incidence for level flight at full speed.

Slowed flap servo speed.

Added servo sound effect.

Removed engine thrust angle.

NOTE: The silver with black stripes color scheme in the photo is very close to the "Mama's Boy" color scheme and looks great on this model. It can be downloaded from the color schemes listed below or at:
https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/1078

Download my other planes at:
https://forums.realflight.com/downloads.php?do=viewmemberfiles&userid=50836

VERSION 3 UPDATES:

"Blown Engine" Fire can now be either one or both engines.

Brakes turned off at full throttle for take off

Engines power curves adjusted for quicker low end response

VERSION 2 UPDATES:

Now has realistic power curve and scale 420mph speed!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many hours went into this variant, with the addition of some very realistic features including my now signature two level "Blown Engine" engine fire and smoke that emanates from both sides of the engines, Three Blade Counter Rotating Propellers with the correct outward at the top rotations, Brakes, Etc.

Turn up the volume and enjoy the realistic sound of the twin engines!

It flies very nice and I think you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

Please rate it if you like it.

Thanks.

With its twin engine, twin boom and tricycle landing gear configuration, Lockheed's P-38 Lightning was a radical departure from the traditional American fighter developments. This replica was modeled after Dennis Crooks' P-38 Lightning.

Aircraft Specifications:

Nine Channels

Throttle
Ailerons
Elevator
Rudder

Fire / Smoke - Controlled by the 3-position switch on the top left of the InterLink controller.
Forward Position = No Fire / Smoke
Middle Position = One Engine Fire / Smoke
Rear Position = Both Engines Fire / Smoke

Brakes- Just pull back on the stick.

Retracts - Controlled by the 2-position switch on the top right of the InterLink controller.

Flaps - Controlled by the rotary knob on the InterLink Controller.

Dual Rates - Controlled by the 2-position switch located on the front left of the InterLink controller.

This variant requires:

P-38 from Add-Ons 3

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back