willsonman

SB2C-5 Helldiver_EA

• SB2C-5 Helldiver-0.jpg
    SB2C-5 Helldiver-0.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 79
This is a VERY overhauled version of my SB2C-4 Helldiver. I took this all the way back to wings to correct a few issues. It was my first plane and I have learned a lot since then. Changes:
Made it bigger visually
Addition of collision meshes
fixed wobbly wheels
centered the wheel hubs in the CS and made slightly smaller
Changed gear doors to open exactly with the gear.
Re-mapped the arrestor hook and re-painted it in CS, also linked to gear servo instead of flaps servo
Added red to the underside of the flaps in the CS
Selected more accurate airfoils at key parts
Re-worked radio setup to give more control of the model:
3-position switch in the away position opens bay doors and allows control of the dive flaps using the knob. In this position the dual rates switch will drop the bomb.
in the center position just the landing flaps are activated for use by the knob.
in the forward position also allows landing flap control by the knob but also will fold the wings at about 4 clicks from idle.
Other touch-ups to the CS such as folded wing detail (as best I could), and a green for the guts of the beast. Other small things as well.

A big thanks to Cowboy walking me through setting up the new electronics. Thanks to Herc41 again for a great CS. I think that I addressed every issue that the 4 version had in some way. These issues were all addressed to me over PM by individuals so if anything is left out I'm sorry. I tried to be as thurough as possible. Enjoy this one... I do.

3d model: Willsonman
Pivots and UVmap: Willsonman
Physics: Cowboy and Willsonman
CS: Herc41 and Willsonman
Back