technoid

Scat Cat 500 EP_EA

• Scat Cat 500 EP-0.jpg
    Scat Cat 500 EP-0.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 57
This is the second plane I've created for RealFlight but it was actually the first plane I wanted to build, but since I needed to learn how to model using 3ds Max I created Boxie Flier first. Then after I learned the basics of modeling I wanted to go back and create the Scat Cat 500. This plane is modeled after a scratch built 60 sized Scat Cat 500 which I thought was a beautiful plane, and since I like larger planes it was what I decided to build. The guys on the RealFlight 7 Designer's Corner helped me to create the best plane possible so a big thank you is in order. We even went through a beta test to flush out any problems I didn't catch, and there were quite a few, so I think you'll enjoy this plane it's well built and ready to go. The Scat Cat 500 won the QUICKIE 500 NATIONALS in Houston, Tx. November 1979 so it's a fast plane. I've got the controls set pretty high so if you want to tone it down some use the Quick Edit panel in RealFlight and lower all three control surfaces by 2%, that helps quite a bit. You can use the dual-rate switch to limit all control surfaces to 35% when you want to blast around at 100 mph plus and have smooth control. But remember with only 35% control you won't be doing any quick aerobatics, but it's fun flying a 100 mph plus circle around yourself and have smooth control doing it. I use the dual-rate switch set to low quite often, it's a lot of fun. There's also smoke on Channel 7 and I've adjusted the smoke parameters so it dissipates fairly quick so you don't end up with a lot of smoke hanging around. I've also created two additional color schemes besides the Yellow Jacket stock color scheme. I really liked the red color scheme on the box so I recreated it, it gives me the feeling of being richard Ritch when he won the QUICKE 500 NATIONALS in 1979. I also created a color scheme I call Bird of Prey to honor the passing of Leonard Nimoy, of course that makes me a lifelong Star Trek fan. Live Long And Prosper.

I want to thank the following people for their generous help and support during the creation of both the GP and EP versions of Scat Cat 500. Their excellent feedback and help during the beta test really helped. Thanks guys!

Boof69
Fly_electric
abaser
doug schluter
csgill75
uncle twist
silverwing49
Carkshark
Maj. Numbskully
Ghost129er
12oclockhigh

A special thank you goes out to Fly_electric for fine tuning the electric motor, battery, and propeller for the most power and least current draw from the battery. The motor and battery are new versions not available in RealFlight 7 so thanks again for sharing your time and experience with me, and those that fly the EP version of Scat Cat 500.

When you're flying a 3D Field you can use the F4 and F5 keys to view the Left and Right sides of the plane.

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back