legoman

Sky Terror Mk I_EA

• Sky Terror Mk I-0.jpg
    Sky Terror Mk I-0.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 145
You are looking at a VTOL Jet nicknamed "Sky Terror" by a friend. It is powered by two Jetcat P-60 in forward with an approximated 7x5 APC prop on a NTM 1800 kV 35-36 motor on a 3s lipo to provide pitch stability and a minor portion of the lift in a hover.

The aircraft is set up to "auto-hover" with gyros on pitch and roll. Although they can get overloaded at extreme angle. For hover simply let go of the elevator/aileron stick and the aircraft will level its wings. Yaw and altitude control are still your responsibility. In forward flight all controls are unassisted by gyros. A speed limiter is set at 170-185 mph to reduce stress on the airframe.

The model should run fine on less powerful computers than my normal models

Controls
Channels 1-4 are normal controls
Channel 5 Left two-position switch is dual rates
Channel 6 Knob controls the angle of the engines (Flaps down hover. Flaps up forward flight)
Channel 7 Right two-position switch retracts
Channel 8 three-position switch unused

Credits
Model colorscheme and physics by Legoman
Base Turbines Originally from Junkboy999 although heavily modified by me

Not important in Realflight but would be good to practice for the flying field in Real life when you have 4,000-5,000+ dollars wrapped in to a model like this.

- Hover time should be kept to a minimum to reduce the likelihood of the turbines overheating leading to a engine failure with little to no airspeed. In addition, you need to consider the battery powering the tail motor. Run out of battery it won't hover and the retracts are not super strong.
- Don’t takeoff of or land in Grass a fire may ensue from the 1300-degree exhaust coming from the engine, or landing breakage may occur while trying to take off or land like a normal airplane.
- Static idle time should be kept to a minimum on the ground asphalt melts and concrete cracks and "explodes” when heated sending model destroying concrete shards in to your aircraft. Same with rocks, gravel, and stones.
Back