20.6 KB · Views: 71
  • The Villages Polo Field 1_PI-2.jpg
    The Villages Polo Field 1_PI-2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 70
  • The Villages Polo Field 1_PI-3.jpg
    The Villages Polo Field 1_PI-3.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 69
The Villages Polo Field

The Villages Polo Field is located at The Villages in central Florida. The Villages is a retirement community with 5 Polo fields.Two of the fields are separated by a grandstand which can be seen in front of the Pilot spawn on the other side of the field. The Villages E Flyers use one of the Polo fields several days a week for electric only flying. With a variety of trees, shrubs and beautiful large palm trees, flying fields just don't get much better than this! For those of not familiar with a Polo field its 300 yards long and 160 yards across, the area of about 10 football fields or 10 acres of beautiful grass. Behind this field are 3 practice polo fields with fences and some horses. Several collision objects have been added in the area of the pilot spawn where their effect is most noticeable. Try taxing your plane over the rails right in front of the pilot. The large rail, shrubs and trees required a fair amount of objects. To keep simulation performance reasonable on my AMD 64 Bit 3200GB laptop with 64 MB dedicated graphics I didn't add many distance object since the field was so large and their effect didn't seem to warrant their addition.

For those of you who would like more information on the how I made the Photofield pano.
The photofield was made from photos ( 1536 x 2048 ) taken with a compact Canon SD100 on a simple tripod. A single row of photos ( plus about 3 additional photos directly behind the pilot spawn to capture the trees and posts too high for a single row) were taken in the portrait mode and stitched together with Photoshop CS. Using Photoshop the grass was cloned on the bottom of the photofield. Some of the original sky and clouds in the lower part of the field were left in for effect but the remaining sky was added in using a gradient with the additional clouds added in by Realflight.

If your a snowbird like me download my other photofield that I fly at in the Endicott NY area from May to October - Aeroguidance Society.

Thanks for looking and downloading. I hope you enjoy it. BTW that’s me waving next to my van in the background.

JerryRoscoe@yahoo.com
Author
targetpractice
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
RealFlight Version

Latest updates

1. Images

Images
Back