.050 feed back thread.

4.50.050 is available again on public beta

Sorry for the mixup. 4.50.050 is available on the public beta server once again. You'll need to enter a new public beta code to see it. I updated the announcement with the new code. Just follow the instructions there starting with step 1.

Every thing working Good. only prob is the Multilayer. working on the Port fwd thread to fix it

Question

Has the problem of default airports with default objects added, deleted or moved around by the host been resolved?

Those airports haven't been working for a while...

Donald Traill

Echo

At this point the only problem I have is when I use voice chat , when I talk I hear myself again in a couple of seconds. Other then that it has been working great. :D

jak00 said:
when I talk I hear myself again in a couple of seconds. Other then that it has been working great. :D
When that happens, see if someone else's speaker light lights up as you hear yourself. If so, you're hearing yourself going from his speakers to his microphone, and back to you. It's not a bug in the voice chat. You can mute that player, and your echo will stop. Too bad RF doesn't come with headphones, eh? ;)

For some reason today there has been an abnormaly loooong....wait to join a session after hitting the "connect"button before you actually join
(most sessions today on my end have had a low latency: 60-150)
any one else notice that today?

Maj. Numbskully said:
For some reason today there has been an abnormaly loooong....wait to join a session after hitting the "connect"button before you actually join
(most sessions today on my end have had a low latency: 60-150)
any one else notice that today?
Maj, I still have problems when you join my sessions. Frame rate goes way down. I hate to, but I have to 'ignore' you to get it back up. Don't know what the problem is.

Regards
Michael

.50 feedback

Weeha! .50 is a huge improvement for me.

In version .48 (and earlier) I could see the flashing icon for voice chat but couldn't hear or reply. Now it is all running very well. I was in a session tonight with 8 simultaneous flyers and only experienced some choppiness now and again. Mostly it was easy to hear (appropriate levels over the background), understandable and made flying with a group much nicer.

As a bonus I am certain my frame rate is up too. Chances are the sound issues were sapping some video performance.

Great job! Thank you!

theluthier said:
Maj, I still have problems when you join my sessions. Frame rate goes way down. I hate to, but I have to 'ignore' you to get it back up. Don't know what the problem is.

Regards
Michael
"I hate to, but I have to 'ignore' you" .....
(lol ......like I aint used to that even when folks don't push the button:D)
You have mentioned that several times
and I don't know why that is either???
I have a pretty fast dsl cable internet connection (7mb per min) ,
I don't have anything running in the background ,
and my system spec.s exceed even the "optimum" spec.s for 4.5 .....
I have a very good 1 GIG video card !!
and as far as I am aware of you are Only one to have that complaint when I join a session('s)????
(lol.... not that Folks would not complain for other reasons :D )
funny thing is when I'm in one of your sessions
every one Including myself is always smooth as glass?...and i get good frame rates for a 3d map in mp for as many people are in your sessions sometimes
Just to see what happens next time you are hosting a session
I'm going to join to tell you that I will host a session
and lets see what happens when you join one of mine :confused:

Last edited:
Maj. Numbskully said:
Just to see what happens next time you are hosting a session
I'm going to join to tell you that I will host a session
and lets see what happens when you join one of mine :confused:
Sounds like a plan!

I have seen this with a few others that join, but only briefly. I did notice when someone joined yesterday while I was sitting idle, my processor usage pegged. I looked at what was going on and Skype was using alot even though I had set myself offline. I killed Skype and things went normal.

So maybe it is me, and I have to stop blaming you... :confused:

Regards
Michael

Great improvement over previous versions. Multi player and voice chat work well. Good prompts and info boxes for connection issues.

The "port test failure" box got me looking at my router setup. Information on the forums and some trial and error on my part has had very satisfactory results.

Thanks Chris and the rest of the KE crew! :)

Back