3D with quadcopters

Cubsterky

Hi,

I've used 3 quadcopters now (explorer 580, x8 quadcopter 360, and quadcopter)

and I can't go upside down using any of the 4 cyclic directions. It just flies in that direction. Can you help?

Darren

You'll need to change the flight mode to acro for that. Open the editor, look for Quadcopter Flight Controller under Electronics.

what's wrong here

Here's a screenshot. I think I did it right, bc I can use cyclic to go upside down, but now the collective controls throttle instead of pitch. Will u take a look and tell me what you think?

Attachments

• Jul 14 2016 06-43-34PM.jpg
    Jul 14 2016 06-43-34PM.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 14
There isn't collective pitch on the quad.its reversing the motors instead. A few of the 3D quads work like that.

There's only one that has collective pitch. As refered to above you will need to install the Stingray. Find it here.

Most, if not all the 3D quads I've seen besides the stingray reverse the motors.

I got the stingray and it flies good. But I've noticed I can't stay upside down when I flip. Is there a way to do that?

I got the stingray and it flies good. But I've noticed I can't stay upside down when I flip. Is there a way to do that?

Go back to the page where you downloaded it and read the instructions on how to fly it. It's all explained there for you.

Just tried it. It flips and flies upside down just like a helicopter. Remember when you are upside down your throttle etc are reversed.

Using the DX6i for the Stingray

I downloaded the CYE Stingray and loaded it into RealFlight. I'm using the DX6i, and I can move the blades by moving the aileron, elevator, and rudder controls, but the throttle does nothing.

I can't find any documentation that tells me how I'm supposed to map controls to this model. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Channel 7 is probably activated. That is the throttle hold. Since you have a 6 channel radio and the stingray uses 8, you will need to use the virtual channels Y U I O keys to activate the channels you don't have on the radio. One of those keys on the keyboard will disable the throttle hold.

Back