3DHS Extra 330LT 108" Build

Looks awesome, but those sticks poking out in every direction are going to hit stuff when you fly...;-)

Seriously, I can't wait to try it. I love large and giant scale and love extras. 100"+ class is large enough to be graceful and just small enough to still be snappy.

Extras always remind me of big cuddly bulldogs. Wide stance & broad chest. Just makes me wanna hug it! Sure does look good so far, though!

Keep going and shout if you want/need help!

Could we please get 18 pages of step by step and us telling you how great you are? Please?
Plenty of pictures of important stuff would be super, like a top view of the landing gear so we can see how it looks when landing...

And can it also be multiply translated in at least 3 languages I don’t speak and 1 dead language? It should also have every 5th page left blank except for a note in the middle saying the page was “intentionally left blank.”

Also, I’m 100% paperless, so it would be great if you could just wrap the digital file in lots and lots of bubble wrap, mark the box “fragile” and “human organ” and send it 3rd class book rate with online tracking and signature confirmation.

Can’t wait to get the documentation! I don’t want to wreck it on the first day and have to ask you to post parts for the repair! Almost forgot! What’s the maintenance interval?

Plenty of pictures of important stuff would be super, like a top view of the landing gear so we can see how it looks when landing...

And can it also be multiply translated in at least 3 languages I don’t speak and 1 dead language? It should also have every 5th page left blank except for a note in the middle saying the page was “intentionally left blank.”

Also, I’m 100% paperless, so it would be great if you could just wrap the digital file in lots and lots of bubble wrap, mark the box “fragile” and “human organ” and send it 3rd class book rate with online tracking and signature confirmation.

Can’t wait to get the documentation! I don’t want to wreck it on the first day and have to ask you to post parts for the repair! Almost forgot! What’s the maintenance interval?
check my slick build

im so confused lol
Sorry! That tends to happen when I get up to mischief. I used to be great at sales. My routines move fast, so you gotta work to keep up!

I worked a while in a music shop. One day there was a "customer" who was killing time by picking up and trying literally every instrument in every department. He couldn't actually play any of them mind you, but some people treat music stores like petting zoos...everything gets a turn to be pawed. On a bet, I double-talked him into believing that I couldn't let him "try out" that $3,000 vintage Les Paul or any of the other 400+ guitars on our display wall because George Clinton and P-Funk (Parliament-Funkadelic) had come in the night before and bought the lot. We were just waiting on the bank transfer to start boxing them up. Clinton and P-Funk had actually been in the night before to check out the selection while they were in the area, but they hadn't bought anything but a set of bass strings. The look on that guy's face as he walked out the door was worth waaaaaaaaay more than the $20 I got from the bet.

To catch you up on my twisted humor:
"Plenty of pictures..." was a poke at all the ridiculous pics that frequently get posted on DIY forums showing a massive screen and some obscure tiny detail that's actually on the other side of the model.

"multiply translated..." is mostly self explanatory and the reason many, many, many trees have died in vain to supply poor translations in multiple languages to illiterate morons that will never ever RTFM to begin with. Why yes, I have worked the "help desk." How did you know?

"every 5th page left blank...This page intentionally left blank." is a reference to many decades of computer manuals (which I HAVE actually read) in which a blank page was included as a separator at the end of each section, but some nimrod at IBM, HP, DEC etc. felt it was necessary to actually indicate that they hadn't intended to put anything on that blank page by printing a notification to that effect on the blank page, thus rendering it somewhat less than "blank." Amazingly, last time I checked, the HP version of that page actually had a part number so you could order replacements. Like I said, nimrods.

"I’m 100% paperless, so it would..." etc. was a not to the modern trend a la Amazon, et al, where they never fail to include the strip from the adhesive and gum wrappers in the 7 cubic foot box they use to ship the half-sheet card that has the serial number for your digital download software, and treat the packing and box like it's holding a Faberge egg.

"Can't wait..." etc. Ironic statements about a virtual plane...

"That reminds me..." was personal for you 'cause I like to work the audience in! I love to fly your slick and your build page for it, which I had actually found quite helpful recently. You did tend to use "extrude" quite a bit, tho... ;-)

Like I said, the routine moves quick, but management keeps the cover charge low to compensate...

(Edited for punctuation. Yeah, I'm like that.)

Last edited:
Back