3DS Max 2012 installer work around

legoman

I have found that you can use newer licenses for 3ds max, ex. 2014, with 3ds max 2012 if you have the 2012 CD/installer. If you change the product key to the appropriate key for max 2012 and use the license info provided by autodesk. PM me for product key, I'm not posting it here. Feel free to add any more info you have. You will have to find the 3ds max installer for 2012 on the internet somewhere if don't already have it.

Note: This was tested max 2012 32-bit installer with a max 2014 license I don't know if it will work with 2015 and up.

Ugh.. I'm on Win 7 lol.. It's just, reinstalling and using another license key doesn't work, it keeps showing me the license registration window :(

KE has mentioned that a new exporter is planned but it will be after the next version of RealFlight is released. They also mentioned that it would take a rewrite of their software to release a new exporter. No official release date has been given, I am guessing that they might be sticking to their annual release schedule so probably in October.

If someone is running Windows 10, run Windows 7 on a virtual machine, or if you have multiple drives, run Windows 7 from an alternative/secondary boot device.

I was just about to ask if anyone had gotten 2011 or 2012 to run under Windows 10 and found this thread. I guess it'll just have to stay on a Windows 7 PC.

Thanks oDDiTy for helping me get it to work ;) I just installed this a about a month ago. So far I can make a flying stick airplane.

Back