3ds Max security update

Fly_electric

FYI for custom content creators: I recently got an email on this you may want to take advantage of:

Hello,

We've become aware of an exploit that may corrupt Autodesk® 3ds Max® software installations and 3ds Max scene files. As a preventative measure, we recommend that all customers who have access to 3ds Max 2015SP1 to 2021, including 3ds Max educational licenses, 3ds Max Indie and 3ds Max Trial versions, download and install the 3ds Max Security Tools application to help detect and resolve potential issues caused by this malicious code.

Recommended action: download and install the Security Tools application for 3ds Max:

Go to the Autodesk App Store and download the Security Tools for Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2021-2015SP1 application.

Double-click to run the Autodesk 3ds Max Security Tools MSI file.

Choose Install Now.

Security Tools for 3ds Max must be kept enabled to automatically detect and clean the known exploits. Security Tools for 3ds Max is enabled by default.

We appreciate your attention to this matter. More information can be found on Autodesk’s Trust Center. If you need further assistance, please contact Autodesk support.

Thank you,

Autodesk

did they give any pictures of what the corruption looks like? now I am wondering if it has been affecting me for several months? does it cause graphical bugs. Like text not showing on buttons, text input boxs and check boxes and some other human interface stuff.

legoman,

I did send them a separate email to them first (to verify what was received was legit).
There is more info in the Autodesk Knowledge Network article link in that reply:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/supp...y-corrupt-3ds-Max-installation-and-files.html

Thank you for emailing in about our Autodesk product, 3ds Max. To ensure we are helping protect our customers and our products, we wanted to inform 3ds Max users through this email that there is an update available in the Autodesk App Store for the 3ds Max Security Tools application. As a preventative measure, we recommend that all customers who have access to Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2015SP1-2021 software, including 3ds Max educational licenses, 3ds Max Indie and 3ds Max Trial versions, download and install the 3ds Max Security Tools application to help detect and resolve potential issues caused by malicious code.

See our Security Advisory and the Autodesk Knowledge Network article for more information or contact customer support for further assistance.

Back