40% Pitts Challenger (Bulldog)

I really enjoy flying this plane and I'm thinking about doing a color scheme for it. Thanks for your work.
Hi Leep, just wanted to give you a heads up, I`m working on a Jim Leroy Bulldog CS (pics. on pg. 20, post #294), I lost that one in a computer crash, so I`ve started over.

Hi Andy, got a question regarding Gimp 2.10, I know your in a newer version, but maybe your method will work for me too. So, what I want to know IS...what`s the easiest way to transfer another image into/onto my .tga from another/separate image. I know how too get the image into Gimp, but what`s the best/easiest/fastest way to cut/copy the image onto my .tga..???, I`ve done it, but can`t recall EXACTLY what it was I did...:confused::confused: It`s a completely different way than 2.0

With your tga open, go to file >open as layer. This will bring the image into the tga, but it’s still it’s own image. In the toolbox, you have a layers tab. Open that up and you should see both your tga and the image listed. Select the image and highlight what you want to copy and copy it. Click the eyeball to hide the image. Now click the tga layer and paste into. Down at the bottom of the toolbox you’ll see what looks like a sheet of paper. Click that to create a new layer. You can more freely move it around and do what you want with it. Once satisfied, right click and go to layer > merge to attach it to the tga. Sounds like a lot but is a simple process once you’re used to it.

Thank you Andy, I`ll copy this before it gets to far buried, I`ve done this this 2-3 times already on the new CS, just can`t recall the exact steps, they were similar in the way I was used to except when it came to X`ing/closing out the window that you want too transfer the image from after the cut/copy.

Thank you Andy, I`ll copy this before it gets to far buried, I`ve done this this 2-3 times already on the new CS, just can`t recall the exact steps, they were similar in the way I was used to except when it came to X`ing/closing out the window that you want too transfer the image from after the cut/copy.
Don’t forget to delete the image you brought in though before merging the layers though.

In the layer tab, click the image layer and look in the bottom right of the toolbox. Should be a button there to delete the layer.

Yeah but he’s not working with layers really. Just bringing one in to copy a graphic off an image. He’ll need to delete the layer before saving (exporting) his work. If not it could haunt him.

I`m guessing I still merge the image onto the .TGA before deleting the layer..??, Once deleted, THEN export/save, check work in RF.

Hey Andy, I didn`t back to you re: the transferring of an image into Gimp, I`ve figured that out, so thanks for your help with that. NOW, for the life of me, I can`t figure out how to capture an image with Gadwin printscreen 32bit, I`ve gotten a few to work, but can`t figure out the proper sequence of keys to hit with this newer version, the previous one one worked like a charm, any ideas...????

Hit print screen as usual, then you crop or do whatever and hit the green check mark. You’ll have to setup where you want the images to save though as it doesn’t ask where to save it.

Hit print screen as usual, then you crop or do whatever and hit the green check mark. You’ll have to setup where you want the images to save though as it doesn’t ask where to save it.
OK, tried that, I chose/cropped,( just like selecting with the rectangle tool in gimp), and I`m still getting a full page or a lot of it, not EXACTLY what I selected....???

There may be a size restriction setting to where it’ll keep a certain size? I’d have to look sometime. I haven’t messed with it in ages.

Good afternoon all, thought I would post some progress pics. of the "Bulldog" CS.....Still a lot to do though..bottom of bottom wing, some more graphics to do on the bottom of the top wing (just found them today)..... horz. stab/elev (top/bottom)., bottom of fuse, align a couple of graphics (nose of fuse/vert. stab.) replace the plane in the "Sky Dynamics" logo with the proper plane (a Pitts) And last, I want to try and get the "Jim & Joanie Leroy" signature at the typical location, under the canopy.ScreenShot1590899772.jpgScreenShot1590899795.jpgScreenShot1590899841.jpgScreenShot1590899978.jpgScreenShot1590900062.jpgScreenShot1590900296.jpgScreenShot1590900371.jpgScreenShot1590901358.jpgScreenShot1590904823.jpg

Back