410 download too big!

Is possible that after you donwloaded the BIG file, your Launcher could not install it because the original file is occupied.
Then you have to close the Launcher and copy it by hand renaming in RFV3UP.dck
(pay attention to make a copy of the original file)

The destination directory is: c:\Program Files\RealFlightG3\Data

Ryan

It failed again, this time at 76 meg.

It did give me an error message that said:
"KEError 21012, if this problem persists, contact technical support".

As much as I like G3, maybe I should have waited until all the updates were complete and in the package before buying it.

blade why don't you use my instructions to download the file ?
You can use one software like GetRight that uses the resume option.

Konus

I tried to go to the Getright site using the posted link and it tells me that the site isn't available.

I just updated to .387 without the slightest hitch.

There should some sort of possible legal issue here though that should make update support available to everyone that bought it, even if means that they have to send you a CD if you're unable to download them. I don't know if it would apply to a BETA update, but it should if it is an official update addressing known problems with the product.

I'll see if I can get Getright and try it that way.

Konus

I got to the Getright site and I'm going to download it and give that a shot.

This isn't really the way we should have to do this though. Knife Edge should have taken this into consideration when they created such a large update.

blade said:
Konus

I got to the Getright site and I'm going to download it and give that a shot.

This isn't really the way we should have to do this though. Knife Edge should have taken this into consideration when they created such a large update.

Konus, it's still just a BETA of a future update.
If you continue to have problems after it goes "gold", post a message here and I'll see if I can burn it to a CD and mail it to you. I just don't think it makes sense to go through that trouble while it's still in beta and likely to change further before release.

If you are unable to particepate in the public beta, just sit tight - you'll get the final one way or another.

Jim H.

jhimmel said:
Konus, it's still just a BETA of a future update.
If you continue to have problems after it goes "gold", post a message here and I'll see if I can burn it to a CD and mail it to you. I just don't think it makes sense to go through that trouble while it's still in beta and likely to change further before release.

If you are unable to particepate in the public beta, just sit tight - you'll get the final one way or another.

Jim H.

Jim H. I think the message was directed to blade. I already have the update, and I am using it.
I was only helping someone to download the software...but sure I am in a Software/Hardware house and I well know what it means to release a beta version.

Don't worry.

Cheers Raffaello (Konus)

Konus

It seems to be working with Getright. I lost connection one time and reconnected and the download picked up where it left off at 77 meg.

Now all I have to do is hope that the file didn't get corrupted during the disconnect.

If this works, my hat is off to you buddy! :)

Konus!

You are the man!

I tip my hat to you. ;)

It took a while, but it works. After seeing the photo fields, and trying it out, it was worth all the trouble.

And for you guys at Knife Edge, Ryan and Vitek, I'm sorry for coming off the way I did! The download is a real nice piece of work.

Konus's recommendation was all that was needed to make me one happy camper!

I'd like to praise everybody that helped me some more, but I gotta go. My heli's sitting there waiting for some imput from my controller. :D

I've got to add one last thing----THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Ok....really good !
That's all, now enjoy with .410 (beta) version !!

I still have some problem (I have few time to test it) to understand the right size of the images.

Part of the reason the donwloads are so big is because they have ou download the new complete manual. I wish they would break up the manual in sections then download only the sections that change.

The manual file itself is about 18-19 MB. For most people this take quite a bit of time to download.

Also it would be beneficial of the download process would support incremental downloads. If it could keep track of where the download left off it could download chunks of the upgrade and then kick off the install once all the pieces were downloaded.

The manual is about 19 megs uncompressed on a 140+ megabyte file.

That means that it is likely not taking up more than say, 4 megs of actual download size.

It's not worth removing.

Can anyone tell me what the file URL's for the latest update would be when trying to download the files with GetRight??

They would be different than the URL's posted by Konus for the last update, right?

Thanks

Back