.430 bugs

jhimmel

Okay updated to .430

It is improved, but load a heli, make sure throttle all the way down, and walk ('W') up to it. It is vibrating itself around the ground without the blades even turning.

Knife Edge, I don't believe this is your desired behaviour, is it?

I tried it with the Dolphin, Dominion, and a Finch.

Jim H.

jhimmel said:
Okay updated to .430

It is improved, but load a heli, make sure throttle all the way down, and walk ('W') up to it. It is vibrating itself around the ground without the blades even turning.

Knife Edge, I don't believe this is your desired behaviour, is it?

I tried it with the Dolphin, Dominion, and a Finch.

Jim H.

Actually, planes do the same thing. Throttle all the way down, and the plane is just slowly sliding across the ground.

Jim H.

I still get the problem with the planes not stopping after landing (is this what you call the ice thing?!). I only use photo fields (if its matters)

But, other than that it looks and feels great. Thanks KE :)

Crash a plane, and it auto-resets itself without pressing the red button. If you crash and don't loose pieces of the plane, this doesn't happen, only if parts fall off.

Swashplate... Just to be clear, that is exactly what the auto-reset code is currently intended to do. It will only reset your aircraft after a part has broken off.

Travis

vitek said:
Swashplate... Just to be clear, that is exactly what the auto-reset code is currently intended to do. It will only reset your aircraft after a part has broken off.

Travis

Is this behaviour new? Can it be switched off? Personally I like being able to examine the wreckage after a crash.

seems to be working better in multiplayer. no issues yet :D

still got the chat problem a posted in .426

Daza51 said:
Hi knife edge

not sure if knifeedge is aware of this problem but it won't hurt to mention it

The chat window cuts out letters when typing LARGE weblinks (this also happens with normal text as well) that don't have spacers (this is when the word is wider then the chat window)

me and my mates couldn't figure out why the webpage he was passing to us wouldn't work thats because we were missing a letter :)

it would be good if you could make the chat window in multiplayer so we can copy text such as web links :)

Cheers Daz

not sure if this was happening with v410 but we have tested it numourous times with v426

Hi nemo,
are updating to .430, my G3 fail to start up. Any clue what's wrong? when I did the update I went straight to .430 , skipping .426 Is that the problem?

Sammy Yousef said:
Is this behaviour new? Can it be switched off? Personally I like being able to examine the wreckage after a crash.

In the Settings dialog (Simulation > Settings...), select Physics and in the pane on the right you'll see a property called "Reset Delay (sec)". Set it to zero and it will not auto-reset when a aircraft breaks apart.

I have installed .430 and I downloaded some planes and they unzipped into the realflight\G3X folder. When I select import I never get a dialog box to select the file to import and G3 shows as not responding in task manager. Any ideas?

3 observations.

!) The Skid of the heli has a tendency to sink into ground. This happens when the texture for terrain is turn on and problem disappear with terrain texture turn off.

2) Customize heli seems to spin on the spot whet getting to lift off.

3) reflexitivity of the heli in Photo field is much emphasize than previous version.

but guys, is this the right channel to inform G3 on the beta?

iwin2 - Have your unzipped folder on your desktop and ingame, go to top left menu, then import, then G3X. Then navigate to it and import it.

mave - 2) this is the factor of torque from the main blades spinning the heli while spooling up. It happens on real heli's.

Hi,

what I meant was, that did not happen in the previous version. And no matter how slowly you spool up the engine, the custom heli will spin.

Also, I notice that whenever I start the game, I have to restore to default before I launch the game. Else the game will crash out or it will say cannot detect the controller

Zelatio,
I have unzipped the files into the ..\realflight\g3x folder, selecting the ingame import puts G3 in a "nonresponding" state

Back