430. Slides like on ice, no steering, no friction....

Lobo

Hi just updated to 3.00.430 and noticed a problem when using either of stock photofields. Taxi off the end of runway and you have nosewheel steering and friction slows down aircraft. Take-off and then land and go off end of runway and you have no nosewheel steering and plane does not slow down... Seems to slide indefinately like it's on ice with 0 friction.

Any ideas?

I have noticed that the planes tend to "stick" on landing when you hit the runway. You can land at high speeds with the nose pointed to the ground and the plane lands sith no damage.

I find the G3 landings very unrealistic when compared to G2. G3 is better at 3D, but G2 is still better for practicing landings.

Carl

No one else having problems with the above in 430? i.e. Go off end of runway and you have no nosewheel steering and plane does not slow down... Seems to slide indefinately like it's on ice with 0 friction.

Lobo said:
No one else having problems with the above in 430? i.e. Go off end of runway and you have no nosewheel steering and plane does not slow down... Seems to slide indefinately like it's on ice with 0 friction.

Yes. I also have it. It’s a known problem, and hopefully KE will do something about it (and other ground handling problems). I for one am getting very annoyed by this problem, don’t know if others don’t land their planes again, but after training the IMAC or something else, it’s really annoying with the “landing on ice” at the end.

Peter

pbm77 said:
Yes. I also have it. It’s a known problem, and hopefully KE will do something about it (and other ground handling problems).
Peter

Got this reply from Realflight Tech support:

"Thank you for your recent e-mail. We were unable to recreate your problem but we will be sure to forward your problem to the developers so that they can look into it."

So I wonder, who knows about it?

:confused:

Maybe you can solve this problem by 'edit' the photofield and change the value at 'surface friction coefficient' and 'rolling resistance coefficient'. First ook at the values of an airfield where you think the resistance is realistic, and copy them. Just a hint, don't know if it helps...

3ff3ct|on said:
Maybe you can solve this problem by 'edit' the photofield

Thing is, it did not do this out of the box... when it auto patched to 430 the problem started. I have not edited the photofields. But someone changed something with the patch. Funny thing that it does not do it every time. Sometimes the plane can over-run the runway at approx 20 mph and steer and stop, other times at same speed and over-run it will not steer or stop, just slides off into the distance. Have seen this with the NexSTAR, P-51 and L-39.

Last edited:
Hmmm, have heard about this problem on several forums, and from many users, so just took it for granted that it was a known problem. Sorry about that :( .

I have change the friction and rolling coefficient and it doesn’t help on the problem. It still “slides like on ice” sometimes.

Hope that KE really will look into this soon :confused:

pbm77 said:
I have change the friction and rolling coefficient and it doesn’t help on the problem. It still “slides like on ice” sometimes.

Hope that KE really will look into this soon :confused:

If anyone is having a similar problem it would probably be a good idea to forward it to RealFlight Tech support so they realize it is not an isolated problem.

Thanks!

Count me in among the many now having this problem. Knife Edge even though you cannot reproduce this problem it is real and some action is needed.

The "friction" bug also happens with 3D terrain...

But it might not be a bug, but rather a problem with the model.

I was trying the recently posted Tri-plane and noticed that it slid around like it was on ice.

I switched to the Raptor V2, and no sliding...

Switched to one of the CAPs, no sliding. Then I tried another of the posted foamies... ice again.

OP:

It would be nice if it were the model(s). The included 3D aerobats in EP1 slide at times, at times they don't. They mostly slide. I haven't logged which does, which doesn't, or when each does or doesn't. Many stock G3 aircraft (with no modifications) exhibit this behavior, so I don't believe it is an externally posted aircraft problem.

The intermittent nature of this is very frustrating. It obviously is a widespread anomaly. Many are experiencing it, even without EP1, on verison .430 or .426.

I've got .410 setup on another HDD in my gaming system to use, when .430 ice-skating irritates me enough. I mostly fly and don't taxi alot with .430 now.

I hope they may figure something out. It's as if the planes are so light and feathery now, they don't have much, if any ground friction. I don't know if the overzealous "P" factor (overstated torque) exacerbates the anomaly or not.

All I know is .410 does not experience this problem, on my machine.

Charles

Last edited:
Could you try switching to one of the heavier helis when you get the sliding effect, and see if the heli slides?

Or one of the plane models with larger wheels?

Op:

The Edge 540 40% slides, as does the Spacewalker. I don't fly helis, so don't know what is normal or not with their physics.

I believe the Edge is in add-ons 4.

Charles

Last edited:
Thanks, I was curious as to what happened with these planes.

Now I'll also try to reproduce it.

Here is a recording of the Nieuport, which shows the problem quite nicely. Pay attention to the landing gear wheels, as I try to get it to turn, with max rudder (zoom in close). This has to be a surface friction problem:

Attachments

• r1derbike_Nieuport_2.recording
    131.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back