[71372] Unable to Set Resolution or Enter Fullscreen Mode

nirnav

Hi, is this intentional or have I set something up wrong?
I can't find the option to enter fullscreen, and alt+enter doesn't work either.
Same for resolution. I used Nvidia DSR for antialiasing before and can't in the beta.

And unrelated, but has anyone been able to apply any of the other AA methods in the Nvidia control panel? None of them seem to make any difference for me.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-18 170336.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-18 170336.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 1
To access full screen the keyboard command is Alt+Enter, (as you said you have tried) but the DX11 beta seems to have a problem with the Alt key,
Try hitting the ~ (Tilde key) and type in, "fullScreenToggle" less quotes and hit enter, then click the ~ key again to exit the Commands screen, to go back the normal screen type the same command again.

I have no issue with full screen options - it's the resolution and other settings I miss. The sim appears to be running in 720p or possibly 1080p under a native 4k desktop with no GFX options to adjust - looks pretty grim. I kind of get why this might have to be at this point in development, but it's difficult to evaluate the beta under those circumstances.

I didn't notice that, but you're right! The setting for Resolution is gone in the DX11 Beta. It's not on the ESC menu settings or the legacy menu Simulator > Settings screen.

I've still got the Alt-Enter key combination working, but I still see the Windows 11 taskbar across the bottom of the screen when in full screen mode. I had to turn on the Windows setting for "Automatically hide the task bar" in order for it to disappear.

I'm running 1920x1080 with Intel graphics, and full screen really is full screen on my setup.

Just noticed something else... with the Legacy menu enabled, the Legacy menu doesn't work while in full screen mode. You can still see it, but it doesn't function.

Alt-Enter works for full screen on my PC, but as @flightengr noted the legacy menu is disabled in full screen mode. The new menu can be accessed by hitting the Esc key in full screen.
Also, I do not see any resolution settings.

Another data point... if I go into full screen mode on the same computer with RF 9.5S, the legacy menu bar disappears and so does the Windows task bar, even without having the task bar set to hide automatically.

RealFlight 9.5 DVD version does the same thing with Alt-Enter. Full screen mode is full screen, which is different than maximized windowed mode. And not allowing any resolution changes forces all bug reports on a level playing field, that seems like a good idea to me.

Last edited:
I can understand how it sounds like what I'm describing could be the maximized window view, but it's not. It's definitely full screen mode.

To summarize...
- Windows 11 setting for "automatically hide the task bar" is OFF
- Pressing Alt-Enter to go into full screen mode
- Both RF 9.5S and Evo DX11 will remove the window title bar, proving that it's full screen mode.
- In 9.5S, the legacy menu bar and the Windows task bar also disappear as well
- In Evo DX11, the legacy menu bar stays visible but doesn't work, and the Windows task bar stays visible as well

If you run full screen mode in a resolution that's less than the monitor's resolution, it doesn't fill the screen. The unused area will be black. Running a full screen resolution of 1920x1080 on a 4K monitor will result in half of the screen being unused.

I can understand how it sounds like what I'm describing could be the maximized window view, but it's not. It's definitely full screen mode.

To summarize...
- Windows 11 setting for "automatically hide the task bar" is OFF
- Pressing Alt-Enter to go into full screen mode
- Both RF 9.5S and Evo DX11 will remove the window title bar, proving that it's full screen mode.
- In 9.5S, the legacy menu bar and the Windows task bar also disappear as well
- In Evo DX11, the legacy menu bar stays visible but doesn't work, and the Windows task bar stays visible as well

If you run full screen mode in a resolution that's less than the monitor's resolution, it doesn't fill the screen. The unused area will be black. Running a full screen resolution of 1920x1080 on a 4K monitor will result in half of the screen being unused.
No problem. I just wanted to add that RF 9.5 DVD version did the same thing and make sure we were all on the same page. Mostly for the OP.

Hello all,

We are in the process of reworking fullscreen support. We have removed a lot of the old methods but haven't focused much on the newer implementation yet. In the meantime fullscreen is not expected to work.

We thought the old approach was pretty well removed, but it looks like more remnants of it are still working/"working" than we expected!

I will update this thread title with the relevant case number, 71372.

Fullscreen mode is once again functional in the latest update, 10.00.070. Please see the release notes for the new version which go into more detail about what is included, what has changed, and a little bit about future plans.

In short, we want to do more with this, but that may come farther in the future. We believe what we have now is stable, and ask for your help testing it to determine whether that is true.

Back