[84247] Z-Fighting between terrain detail textures and graphical overlays (runways)

asj5547

Airplanes or Helicopters show artifacts on runway when using chase mode (F3), happens only at 3D fields.

Managed to capture a good screenshot of the runway issue when using chase mode (F3 key).
As can be seen it copies the grass area (or sand at the desert airports) and places it on the runway,
Every 3D airport I tested has the issue except for Flight School.
If I spawn the model on the runway and move it slowly back and forth there is not a problem, but as soon as I hit the F3 key you can see the intermittent grass\sand follow the model, happens with helicopters too.
I am using the Intel I7-13700 CPU with IGPU only, (removed my RTX 4080 GPU for testing the DX11 Beta).

Attachments

• Runway.jpg
    Runway.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Runway-1.jpg
    Runway-1.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DxDiag.txt
    98.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thank you for reporting this issue! I have moved it into its own thread and filed a case in our issue tracking system for it, #84247.

Interesting! That's an issue we hadn't yet been able to reproduce ourselves. We wondered if it might depend on hardware and/or settings, and hadn't yet been able to dig deeper into that.

If you see it come back at any point, please let us know. Hopefully it's not just a very intermittent issue that is still lurking.

Thanks!

Back