[84260] Missing stars in the night sky

legoman

No stars in the night sky and the moon is super dim

picture looking directly at the moon at flight school night
2023-08-26 19_45_57-.jpg

9.5S moon and night sky (screen capped recording sorry for meh quality)
2023-08-26 19_57_56-Movies & TV.jpg

Attachments

• DxDiag and ini.zip
    135.8 KB · Views: 2
I see a lot of stars displayed but the moon is a dull blue and very difficult to see.
Stars are not easily visible on the picture, until you click on it and click the magnify plus sign.
Stars-2.jpg

I am duplicating this thread into two separate ones so we can separately track the moon and stars issues.

This thread will address the presence/absence of stars.

I have filed case 84260 for this issue. After a brief initial attempt we cannot reproduce the problem. We'll look more closely later, including the info you attached @legoman. Perhaps it is dependent on settings and/or hardware in some way.

Thank you for the report!

I have filed case 84260 for this issue. After a brief initial attempt we cannot reproduce the problem. We'll look more closely later, including the info you attached @legoman. Perhaps it is dependent on settings and/or hardware in some way.

Thank you for the report!
I figured out the issue I had nvdia appling some filters. turn them off and it fixed the stars. however moon is still dark/dim.
2023-08-28 01_06_49-Window.jpg

Ah, nice job narrowing that one down to a one or more Nvidia control panel settings! I will note that in the case. Thanks for adding that data.

I should note that the appearance of the stars did indeed change some in DX11, which is by design. They are all single points now. But the disappearing was unexpected!

Back